Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Custom Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/custom-models-12/)
-   -   Problem with 2006 American Iron Horse LSC (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/custom-models/464263-problem-with-2006-american-iron-horse-lsc.html)

toolstatesmc 01-09-2010 07:02 PM

Problem with 2006 American Iron Horse LSC

My AIH runs good but then suddenly it feels like it is starving for gas, choking. It does it for a couple of minutes then it will suddenly jump back to full power. It feels like it is not getting gas, but it is. The filter is clean and the carb is fine.

My other problem with it is while it is running, the starter engages and won't stop until I pull the battery cable or the plug going into the starter.

Anyone have ANY similar problems with resolution?

FroFro24 01-10-2010 04:15 AM

I would check all the connections throughout the ignition system, specifically the start solenoid and ignition switch.

12pack 01-10-2010 09:52 AM

I had a problem once after installing new grips with the starter engaging and I had pinched a wire from the switch on the handle bars... Just some thing to check????

pjb 01-11-2010 06:25 AM

I have a 2005 LSC. the first thing to always check is the battery terminals. they get loose and cause it to run bad.

Let me know if you need any replacement parts or accessories, I have some stuff.

xFreebirdx 01-11-2010 06:26 AM

Fuel line could have some micro cracks in it. Would be a cheap change to test. ;)

pjb 01-11-2010 08:40 AM

flipping your fuel valve from forward to backwards (or vice versa) may remove doubts about fuel lines, tank outlets also. does it have problems running from either position?

oh, and make sure your poitive battery terminal is not shorting to ground

DCP21 01-17-2010 05:39 PM

Had one in the shop similar condition, wire in the main harness under the tank a wire had pulled loose from the main plastic part of the plug. Carefully check each wire dont pull hard as you may break the tab that holds the pin in the housing, also check the wires at the ground bolt on the frame, a wire has been known on the to be holding by a strand

toolstatesmc 04-20-2010 08:51 PM

2006 Iron Horse LSC 111 SS Intermittant

My AIH problem still exists. I know a little more now after much searching.
Intermittant no spark to the rear cylinder. I start the bike and it runs fine. When I turn the bike off and restart the bike, it gets no spark to the rear cylinder. I have checked both coils, checked all wires and leads, and checked RHC controller.

I am wondering if it could be the igniter. I do not know what the igniter actually does. I know my wires from the coil go into the igniter, but it is only the rear cylinder that gets no spark.

I am looking for someone who knows something about the AIH. I am in the South Florida area and have exhausted all my local resources. Any suggestions??? I am at the point where I am thinking about posting reward posters offering $100.00 to the person who resolves this problem!

pjb 04-21-2010 05:49 AM

mine had a similar problem (05 LSC).

I replaced the coils and ignitor (ignition module). the problem kept happening until I replaced the Crank Position Sensor (CPS). it is located up front, near your oil filter, and has a wire harness that runs underneath and connects up near your battery.

let me know how that does and I'll let you know where to send the $100 to!!

oh - if you get a replacement CPS you can just run the harness up away from anything hot and to the connector near the battery. once you confirm that is the problem you can route the harness the correct way.

toolstatesmc 04-23-2010 01:22 PM

PBJ,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have ordered the part and will keep you posted as to the results.