Custom Models All custom bikes.

Anyone see Paul Jr. Designs new bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:07 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

I think jr should start a line of "custom " parts, made just to fit Sr's bikes. That would really steam his clams.,,

Old 10-04-2010, 01:00 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Just from a business aspect, I have to wonder where Jr got all the money to buy all that machinery. We're talkin some serious cash, plus, plus plus......lots of deniro being or been spent with no income other than the TV show. So who is dictating to who.....

Old 10-04-2010, 04:19 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

I'm guessing the show is footing the bill for it. Hey they have to shoot somewhere, why not lease a building and some equipment. If the show flops, it goes back to it's rightful owners and everybody goes home. But if the show takes off, they can buy it and hand it over to JR instead of paying him $$$.,,

Old 10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

"Theme bikes"....

Mimo.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:38 PM
fiveliter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a fan of Jr. and a fan of the show, but these "new" bikes just seem like remakes the spiderweb bike. Nice overall bikes, but I'm not blown away.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Nothing against these builders,just have a hard time seeing any inovation in these choppers,they all seem to blend together.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:28 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i watch from time to time...like was said its better then "dancing with the has-beens"
as far as JRs bikes...if the FED EX truck broke down all he'd have on the bike stand is a pile of welded round bar..... did you see him scrambling a few weeks ago to find someone to build tank????
The foundation of all of their bikes can be "built" by anyone with some basic mechanical knowlege... all they need is a stack of parts catalogs and a BIG pile of money...
I don't agree with everything that SR does but..he funded the whole thing and seems to know how to ride the wave...he does the PR work...look at what OCC has become...from a couple of regular guys from a town in upstate NY that no one ever heard of into a worldwide brand.
CLeraly JR got too big for his britches... not to say SR is free of ego..

2 more points.
1. if OCC never existed Mikey would be dead by now...
2. if JR wants to learn anything about being a craftsmen, i have 2 words for him..... Matt Hotch

ohhhhhh...one more thing, how long before JR marries that blonde he's with so she can humor him for 18 months, divorce him and take him for half of the 20% of OCC he's still holding on to...

Old 10-05-2010, 05:59 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dansax
Leroy Thompsom trumps all these clowns. Everyone from "Brass Ball Bobbers" to Dave Perewitz is using his frames, wheels and hand made accessories. Go to his website and look at his work. Now that is hand fabricated stuff. I am using his grips, pass. pegs, and soon to be getting his matching floorboards and wheels. His prices are very competitive. Can't wait until the on-line store is complete. Check out his bikes.
this Leroy Thompsom bike is bad ***! reminds me of a lowrider schwinn!

Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dyebartdie
this Leroy Thompsom bike is bad ***! reminds me of a lowrider schwinn!

That is baddassed

Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

OCC is just TV entertainment and choppers are just a niche market,a phase and its tailing off I think.Bobbers are on the way in ..retro or with a twist of lemon.
There are companies who build whatever you want from frames to tanks and at a reasonable price...just got to look for them.You can get a unique build for the price of an off the peg Street Bob.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone see Paul Jr. Designs new bike?-frankb17.jpg   Anyone see Paul Jr. Designs new bike?-jensa04.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone see Paul Jr. Designs new bike?