Thunder Mountain Chopper - Page 31 - Harley Davidson Forums

Custom Models All custom bikes.

Thunder Mountain Chopper

Old 04-14-2018, 07:56 PM
One Of The Regulars

DESPITE their purely H-D Drivetrain engines, ( NOT BAKER TRANSMISSION MODELS ) I've had MANY "THUNDER MOUNTAIN" OVERPRICED Heaps come thru My Shop from silly little leaks to full blown issues of crank runout( beyond spec) to major failures of piston,ring,wrist pin and other issues in the lower end,split rocker Arms,bent pushrods,tappet failures, non functioning Oil Pump gears and lotsa other cam chest and other lower end issues . They arent worth a dime in terms of quality, construction and/or longevity issues AND WORTHINESS with the many I've worked on . BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
I assume you have data to back up your statement. Let's see it.
YEAH I DO Dude.........being an MMI aND S&S ENGINE SCHOOL GRAD AND DEALER.....I Know what works and whats cheaply made to cater to the masses in terms of what was and is still a flaccid H-D Marketing debacle,but with a *tag* of custom attached to it . You drinking that H-D Kool -Aid ....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
I assume you have data to back up your statement. Let's see it.
DATA ....? Whatta MY The CIA or NSA Or FBI ( FAMOUS BUT INCOMPETENT ) ? ...I'm An MMI AND S&S ENGINE SCHOOL Graduate and Dealer and *A* Tech ,I've also been in the Fabrication and building realm for many years , and I'm an NMRA Record Holder, DRAG RACER AND Builder / Fabricator - so if You're upset and stressing out over my post regarding the cheap JUNK and Poseur bikes that H-D marketed back then - and YOU Bought one , ......well that sounds like MY POST hit a nerve attached to your wallet .The ( lack of ) quality alone and cheap assed attempt at trying to compete with many other "factory customs" in that market at that time involved is laughable at the least . You bought JUNK........And IF IGNORANCE Is BLISS than Your Entire life must be one continuous orgasm.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-14-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT81 View Post
"Thunder Mountain Customs" ....? WAY WAY WAY WAY OVERPRICED,Non Quality Performance or Longevity JUNK . Plain & Simple Truth .
Why would you make such a broad statement? I guess you are psychic and know how much I paid. I am happy with mine so far!!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:42 PM
Road Captain

Quote:
"Thunder Mountain Customs" ....? WAY WAY WAY WAY OVERPRICED,Non Quality Performance or Longevity JUNK . Plain & Simple Truth .
You found your way here just to be an *******?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbarron For This Useful Post:
Paleface (04-16-2018), Sarge1400 (04-16-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
DESPITE their purely H-D Drivetrain engines, ( NOT BAKER TRANSMISSION MODELS ) I've had MANY "THUNDER MOUNTAIN" OVERPRICED Heaps come thru My Shop from silly little leaks to full blown issues of crank runout( beyond spec) to major failures of piston,ring,wrist pin and other issues in the lower end,split rocker Arms,bent pushrods,tappet failures, non functioning Oil Pump gears and lotsa other cam chest and other lower end issues . They arent worth a dime in terms of quality, construction and/or longevity issues AND WORTHINESS with the many I've worked on . BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!

YEAH I DO Dude.........being an MMI aND S&S ENGINE SCHOOL GRAD AND DEALER.....I Know what works and whats cheaply made to cater to the masses in terms of what was and is still a flaccid H-D Marketing debacle,but with a *tag* of custom attached to it . You drinking that H-D Kool -Aid ....?

DATA ....? Whatta MY The CIA or NSA Or FBI ( FAMOUS BUT INCOMPETENT ) ? ...I'm An MMI AND S&S ENGINE SCHOOL Graduate and Dealer and *A* Tech ,I've also been in the Fabrication and building realm for many years , and I'm an NMRA Record Holder, DRAG RACER AND Builder / Fabricator - so if You're upset and stressing out over my post regarding the cheap JUNK and Poseur bikes that H-D marketed back then - and YOU Bought one , ......well that sounds like MY POST hit a nerve attached to your wallet .The ( lack of ) quality alone and cheap assed attempt at trying to compete with many other "factory customs" in that market at that time involved is laughable at the least . You bought JUNK........And IF IGNORANCE Is BLISS than Your Entire life must be one continuous orgasm.
LMAO......someone sure thinks a lot of themselves.

Can you explain why HD parts would perform differently in a TMCC frame?

You're a hoot, Narcissus. Enjoy your life and all your amazing (cough,cough) accomplishments, I'll enjoy my Keystone (which I got a pretty sweet deal on).
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarge1400 For This Useful Post:
Paleface (04-16-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Default Keystone question

How do you remove the air cleaner cover. There is no screw on the outside of the cover. Does the center plate pry off?
​​​​​​​Thx
Keith
Old 04-19-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleface View Post
How do you remove the air cleaner cover. There is no screw on the outside of the cover. Does the center plate pry off?
​​​​​​​Thx
Keith
Can you post a pic of your air cleaner?
Old 04-19-2018, 08:35 AM

Old 04-19-2018, 09:19 AM

NICE!

My air cleaner is different, so I can't offer any advice on how to remove yours. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

I'll do a little research in the meantime.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:00 PM

Thanks Sarge!!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:35 PM
Default Ultra Cool oil coolers

Any of you guys put oil coolers on these 103 motors. I'm thinking about the ultra cool model.