Thunder Mountain Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paleface
i like it!! Cool paint
Not much riding time on it yet. She will be in storage after Thanksgiving. Found nice chrome risers for the bars to get them up, but that may push them back to much. I'm 6'5" and don't need any help in the reach department. Ultimately I'll go with mini apes (14"). Floorboards will be added over this winter. Found them, and the risers at DK Customs. http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/ Looking for bags too. Preferably hard bags. Expect I'll have to find brackets that fit the quick release slots in the fender struts then match them to some bags. Could be fun....

Old 11-09-2018, 09:11 AM
Paleface
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Robert,
At 6'5" they will be close for you. If you are changing to Apes and want to get rid of your bars Rainmaker on this thread might be interested. Did you get 3" risers?
I couldnt find them in Chrome. The set DK sells are polished aluminum or powder coated black.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:34 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Robert,
At 6'5" they will be close for you. If you are changing to Apes and want to get rid of your bars Rainmaker on this thread might be interested. Did you get 3" risers?
I couldnt find them in Chrome. The set DK sells are polished aluminum or powder coated black.
Robert, can I get a couple pictures of your bars to see which ones you have? If you're interested, they might be the exact ones I've been looking for...

Old 11-12-2018, 09:41 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Any of you guys put oil coolers on these 103 motors. I'm thinking about the ultra cool model.
yep , have one on my breakout. I have built my 103 to a 124 and it works great.

Last edited by cdonis; 11-12-2018 at 09:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Paleface (11-13-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 12:46 PM
Paleface
Intermediate

Thanks!!

Old 11-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Paleface
Intermediate

Anyone interested in a travel pack??

Old 11-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice

Maybe. Looking more for bags, but that could help.

The following users liked this post:
Paleface (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 12:22 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice

Hey Robert,
Two inch, thought about it and figured three inch would have them on my forehead. Not chrome, polished Alum. They will be temp until I can do the Apes. Replying to Rainmaker also.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice

Hey Rainmaker,
I'll get some photos for you real soon. Replacing the bars may not be quite as soon but will happen.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:52 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello gentleman....

I've had the 3" risers added and although there is some improvement, it's not a total solution. I really would like to find bars that will allow me to sit more upright. I also have embarked on a couple other projects on the bike, one being the speedometer again. It seems my new-to-me HD part # 74676-07 has developed a little condensation under the glass that is not to my liking. Has anyone else experienced this and have you corrected it? I would think disassembling, cleaning and re assembly would only be a temporary fix.
I've entered posts about this a couple years ago (Post #260) pretty much sums up my experience. I tried installing the really cool HD part # 70900070B and was unsuccessful. Even had a Harley dealer try to do the download. They told me the gauge was not compatible with a Screamin Eagle ECM. Being that my 74676-07 is now soiled with condensation under the glass, I'm looking into the new style again. Has anyone successfully installed the 70900070B into their TM?
Speaking to a Harley dealer technician, he gave me a great idea, have HD program in the mileage at HD and then install it on my bike. Program it to say 9,500 miles and ride the bike until it reaches that number then install. Theoretically, this should work however, when it's installed, will it work correctly?
Any thoughts on those who have experienced this, please let me know.... Thanks!

Last edited by Rainmaker-LBC; 11-23-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper