Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

50/50 Hydrogen Peroxide & Water. What Can't I Use It On?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:03 AM
JDisME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 50/50 Hydrogen Peroxide & Water. What Can't I Use It On?

Just got done with an almost 2k mile road trip and my bike is covered in bugs and tar (thanks Tennessee for the freshly paved road and the ding in my clearcoat on the tank!).

I've had some friends say that the 50/50 Hydro Peroxide & water works wonders and I've seen it mentioned more than once on these forums.

I'm not sure about the tar but the bugs should come off super easy, but is there any part of my bike where I SHOULDN'T use it? I used a Memphis Shades gauntlet on the trip so that saved a lot of debris on the upper part, but my forks and frame are covered.

As for the tar, it's mostly on the bottom and on the front of the engine as far as what's noticeable. I'm sure there's some on the forks and tubes as well.

My bike is charcoal pearl with a mix of black & chrome. Just want to make sure before I may possibly ruin something, even though it's just water & Hydro Peroxide.

Thanks.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:35 AM
turtlspd
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JDisME
Just got done with an almost 2k mile road trip and my bike is covered in bugs and tar (thanks Tennessee for the freshly paved road and the ding in my clearcoat on the tank!).

I've had some friends say that the 50/50 Hydro Peroxide & water works wonders and I've seen it mentioned more than once on these forums.

I'm not sure about the tar but the bugs should come off super easy, but is there any part of my bike where I SHOULDN'T use it? I used a Memphis Shades gauntlet on the trip so that saved a lot of debris on the upper part, but my forks and frame are covered.

As for the tar, it's mostly on the bottom and on the front of the engine as far as what's noticeable. I'm sure there's some on the forks and tubes as well.

My bike is charcoal pearl with a mix of black & chrome. Just want to make sure before I may possibly ruin something, even though it's just water & Hydro Peroxide.

Thanks.

Definitely safer to use than harsh cleaners. Should work great for bugs. I'm thinking it would do a good job whitening the white walls too.