Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Ceramic Coatings - Anyone have experience with REVIVIFY or NanoPro

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 10:14 AM
lzn1v5
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ceramic Coatings - Anyone have experience with REVIVIFY or NanoPro

I am new to the world of ceramic coatings. For the last 27 years I have been hand washing my bike(s) with soft, cotton baby diapers and usually apply a three-stage wax (Mother's California Gold) by hand twice per year.

I have a new bike with an estimated delivery date in the next two weeks; my first NEW bike in 22 years. After reading the threads on Ceramic Coatings I decided I was interested in gathering more information on having a professional install immediately upon bike delivery. It never hurts to do research and get some quotes. After some emails and phone calls, I think I have narrowed it down to two shops. Both are experienced and I think will do a good job but they use different products. One has gone to Revivify (had previously used Ceramic Pro and 22ple). The other shop uses NanoPro.

Assuming both shops will do good work and are similarly priced, does anyone have any experience with either of these two products that would sway my decision on which shop to use?

Thanks,
Andy

Old 10-14-2022, 11:04 AM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,428 Likes on 4,129 Posts

grats on the new bike

use baby diapers to put on human babies.....your 'baby' deserves better....quality microfiber

i'd ask about after care when you decide.....if I did your bike, you'd walk out the door with some very specific instructions on care including some product recommendations....and while I'd love to have you back to wash it for you, or even handle some new marring, I'd rather you left with some some basic information

1. What is a clear coat
2. How does damage occur.
3. When and how to detail, do a regular wash, and how to wash and do a maintenance coat periodically

I'll be honest, i wasn't satisfied with my local options...so i spent a crap ton of time online, asked lots of questions, experimented on my old beater truck and learned to do it myself....coating a bike is a different animal altogether....i'm doing a trike now....it's in pieces....tank off, side coves off, tour pack off, front fender off...only way I know to do it the best is to machine polish, and some of those parts can't be completely polished without removal....some guys do a great job, on what you can see, but if i'm putting a coating on a bike, i want the seen and unseen corrected and coated

sorry I'm not much help on the coatings you are considering, i'm still actually pretty new, and I've tried some Blackfire stuff, GYEON, and Polish Angel LSPs only....good luck

Old 10-14-2022, 12:14 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

Look for a CarPro Finest installer in your area. Never heard of the one you mentioned.
If you have a Finest installer in your area, they will also offer other coatings by CarPro.

https://cqfinest.com/find-an-installer-2/

Old 10-14-2022, 12:17 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Just seen your in Ohio. Check this place out. They do outstanding work. I buy a lot of products from them

https://www.esotericdetail.com

Old 10-16-2022, 08:26 AM
bustert
Grand HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 625 Posts

as with anything, there is hype!!
detailer around 500 dyi 150 or less. remember they want your money.
one size does not fit all. if you are attement in care, probably not needed, tend to neglect, probably so. but nothing lasts forever. it will have to be reapplied. i use it on my autos and it does shed water but as for shine, iffy. the most redeeming value to me is easy to apply and does not turn trim white. do not get it on the windshield.
i will say this, my truck apparently got some sparklers from someone welding near by and rust would pop up but the ceramic sealed the surface and took care of that, at least so far.
it will be like an oil thread, everyone has a sphincter nerve.

Last edited by bustert; 10-16-2022 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:24 AM
euchre98
Road Master
Received 233 Likes on 161 Posts

I just used the Turtle Wax ceramic last weekend on my bike. Looks amazing the shine is crazy and bugs wipe right off

Old 10-17-2022, 11:28 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

The OP is talking about a true ceramic coating, not a spray