Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

The Truth about Lemon Pledge

Old 06-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice. Thanks for the breakdown. For anyone interested bounce dryer sheets take the bugs off in seconds.
Or any type dryer sheet will work

Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an old post. I thought about asking him what time it was....But decided I didn't need to know how to build a watch.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Barnaclebill
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, just to clarify my previous post. What I was trying to say was do not use the lemon pledge on the soft clear plastics such as used on boat covers and enclosures. I haven't the foggiest idea if it would hurt the bike windshields or finish. But it will definatly turn the soft flexible stuff yellow. However just plain Pledge (no lemon) cleans these just fine. So there! Some day you may need to know this.........or not!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,560 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Originally Posted by Barnaclebill
OK, just to clarify my previous post. What I was trying to say was do not use the lemon pledge on the soft clear plastics such as used on boat covers and enclosures. I haven't the foggiest idea if it would hurt the bike windshields or finish. But it will definatly turn the soft flexible stuff yellow. However just plain Pledge (no lemon) cleans these just fine. So there! Some day you may need to know this.........or not!
I have used it all over my bikes ,and car for many years even on bike windshield.
the stuff works has never harmed a darn thing.
The Orange works better

Old 08-01-2017, 12:47 AM
ironheaddave
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Barnaclebill
OK, my 2 cts. here about lemon pledge. Just for what it's worth and nothing more. Besides a biker I'm a boater. Or used to be until my first mate mutinied. Do not, I repeat , do not use Lemon Pledge on clear plastics such as convertible back windows or boat enclosures with clear plastic. The citric acid turns the plastic yellow and won't clear up. Not saying this will happen to your bike windshield but believe me it ruins the other stuff. However regular pledge works fine.
Now.........this was only a For what it's worth to ya so keep your stinking negative comments to yourself......and have a good day......
Possibly you are referring to plexiglass. Not used by Harley but there may still be some plexiglass out there.