Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

matte Black cleaning tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Bernie Horowitz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI. I just got off the phone with Chemical Guys. The guy admitted that the product has mixed reviews and has caused people problems. They blame the Matt Black paint not their product. They offer no warranty and clearly express that everyone should use the product in an inconspicuous location of the bike to see if the product will in fact be good for the paint or destroy it. I asked how they could continue to market the product for Black Matte paint and they said, well it does work for some folks.

So at least I can feel confident that I will never buy another product from Chemical guys. They said do not use a clay bar on the matte black paint because it will do more damage than good. They said I should get a new paint job (unbelievable). They also said some people had luck removing the streaks with leather conditioner????? WTF!. They had a laundry list of suggestions for the problem. Must be a huge problem from them.

Good luck all!

Bernard

Old 03-05-2018, 07:15 PM
107 Ridin'
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernie Horowitz
Just an FYI. I just got off the phone with Chemical Guys. The guy admitted that the product has mixed reviews and has caused people problems. They blame the Matt Black paint not their product. They offer no warranty and clearly express that everyone should use the product in an inconspicuous location of the bike to see if the product will in fact be good for the paint or destroy it. I asked how they could continue to market the product for Black Matte paint and they said, well it does work for some folks.

So at least I can feel confident that I will never buy another product from Chemical guys. They said do not use a clay bar on the matte black paint because it will do more damage than good. They said I should get a new paint job (unbelievable). They also said some people had luck removing the streaks with leather conditioner????? WTF!. They had a laundry list of suggestions for the problem. Must be a huge problem from them.

Good luck all!

Bernard
Yeah I didn't know about the clay bar myself. I just read that it worked for one guy. I do use their meticulous matte wash but I use the vivid renew spray for a protectant. It really is a shame about your paint. What ever you end up doing, best of luck to you.