Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to build my motor....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Kustrud
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to build my motor....

What's the first step? Cams I'm assuming? Which cam for 88" with stage 1/power commander 5? Been reading a lot about SE 204?? How much should cams cost and im thinking I could do this myself?? Any specialty tools I'd need?

Last edited by Kustrud; 09-28-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:46 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Would get better/more responses in the HD Tech Mechanical - Engine Mechanical Forum, but just know that some of the responders are wanting your business.

Need to determine what your goal is, like how much hp/tq are you shooting for and how much $$$ are you willing to drop? Cams depend on a lot of things like riding style and how far you are going on the build, like are you going to to do a Big Bore or headwork? - if so, then you will want to run bigger/longer duration cams along with raising your compression to get better results.

Do a lot of reading, there are a lot of great threads on building an engine out. Here is my thread, kinda long but can learn a lot about the process:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...uild-time.html

Old 09-29-2014, 11:54 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Would get better/more responses in the HD Tech Mechanical - Engine Mechanical Forum, but just know that some of the responders are wanting your business.

Need to determine what your goal is, like how much hp/tq are you shooting for and how much $$$ are you willing to drop? Cams depend on a lot of things like riding style and how far you are going on the build, like are you going to to do a Big Bore or headwork? - if so, then you will want to run bigger/longer duration cams along with raising your compression to get better results.

Do a lot of reading, there are a lot of great threads on building an engine out. Here is my thread, kinda long but can learn a lot about the process:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...uild-time.html