Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   how often do you wash your bikes? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/100940-how-often-do-you-wash-your-bikes.html)

07bobber 04-13-2007 03:51 PM

how often do you wash your bikes?

thought i would ask since ive had my bike since january and havent washed it yet!

EK5858 04-13-2007 04:06 PM

RE: how often do you wash your bikes?

I actually wash it about twice a year, but I do clean it quite often. I keep the chrome clean with never dull or glass cleaner. I uses honda cleaner most the time. I wash the whitewalls on the Deluxe monthly. I clean the windshields before each ride. I use leather cleaner monthly also.

fendrix 04-13-2007 04:10 PM

Use the Honda cleaner like EK said or get a bottle of S100...spray down the whole bike, let it sit for a few seconds then use the jet stream on the hose and rinse it down. Good as new.

07bobber 04-13-2007 04:12 PM

I HEARD THAT S100 STUFF IS GOOD

ultraultra 04-13-2007 04:17 PM

When the bugs are about 3 deep on the fairing and windshield... :D

fendrix 04-13-2007 04:18 PM

I was pretty surprised myself at how wellthe S100worked. The spray bottle itself basically fell apart when I used it, but as far as cleaning the bike went I couldn't ask for anything better. I don't really plan on doing a full detail wash and wax unless I'm going somewhere to show it off like a big ride or something....it's gonna get dirty no matter what. The biggest thing for me is just keeping the spokes clean.

2BKFXDL 04-13-2007 05:56 PM

S100 is really good.....the HondaWax is excellent for paint and chrome.

I wash when it gets dirty if that is once a month or 4 times a month.........everyone differs on this but hey, I like a clean bike. Nothing wrong with getting the ride filthy but no way anyone can convince me that dirty chrome and dirty paint looks good.

Besides, the better kept, to a degree, the longer the bike will look like it should.

I use NanoWax for quick detail, chrome and paint.

pshawtx 04-13-2007 06:06 PM

I wash maybe once a month. And always after I get caught in the rain. I hate having dirty vehicles. Plus when I wash it, my hands are all over the bike looking for problems. I have found things that needed some attention that might have gone unnoticed had I not spent that time cleaning.

tireater 04-13-2007 06:10 PM

However long you wait to wash it...Everyone should wax every part on a Harley when it is NEW...

Noride 04-13-2007 06:11 PM

About every month. More often if I park by the beach for more than a few minutes.