Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shinko 777's

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 12:12 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
Heard the Shinkos are good tires but they wear fast. Looks good.
Its true.

I ran a 777 a few years ago, awesome grip, probably the best tire I've ran in the rain, but I only got 4000mi before I swapped to a new one. could have maybe got another 500mi out of it.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:21 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Personally, I'm not a skinny front tire guy, but, man, that bike is flat frikkin' gorgeous.

Well done, dude, well done.

Oh, btw, thanks for the link with the specifics of all the work you did! That's incredible, and very, very helpful for anyone contemplating similar work on their bikes. Thanks a bunch!

So...obligatory questions: How do you like the FatCat? That's what I'm considering as well. Ever have a dyno run?

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 11-20-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:39 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Didn't think there was anything else you could do to make your bike look any nicer than it already does, but gotta say the whitewalls look outstanding. You nailed it - again!
~

Old 11-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As others have said that looks awesome! Well done. Have always loved your bike and this made it even better.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:08 PM
buteoridge
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect accent for an already great looking bike.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Ape_Hanger
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been running the 777's since mid summer. I really like how they perform, wet, dry, doesn't matter, they stick to the road really well. All that's left is to see how many miles I get out of them.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Forget that; I got 8k out of my first one up front (while running Darkside in the rear) and wore out the panels instead of the center. (It's how we ride)
I'm on my second, a rear running up front (double Darkside) and it's wearing even better.
Now, at about $83.00 shipped from MotorcycleSuperstore, that's just about $10 for a thousand VERY sticky miles, scraping boards virtually every corner.
I might even try the whitewall next time...!

Old 11-21-2014, 03:17 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,
Yeah nice, gonna give them a try next up, mate has them on deluxe, bike gets ridden hard and best tire he had reckons, worth it for the grip

Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 11-21-2014, 08:18 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks to all for the compliments, as always they are very much appreciated. I pretty much went with the Shinko's because I wanted white walls, and as far as I know Shinko is the only manufacture that had the rear tire to fit my stock rear 17" rim. Also these tires, tubes, and rim strips were cheaper than the single rear Dunlop 180 that I was thinking of replacing with another Dunlop 180.

Originally Posted by bsdoig
The whitewalls go great with the green/chrome. Good choice!
Where did you buy the Shinko 777 from if you don't mind me asking?
I bought the tires from Chaparral Motorsports, they were the only ones I could find for a fair price that were in stock http://www.chaparral-racing.com/

Better prices but out of stock
Motorcycle Superstore http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

Tubes & Rim strips:
New Castle Harley-Davidson https://shop.newcastlehd.com/

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Personally, I'm not a skinny front tire guy, but, man, that bike is flat frikkin' gorgeous.

Well done, dude, well done.

Oh, btw, thanks for the link with the specifics of all the work you did! That's incredible, and very, very helpful for anyone contemplating similar work on their bikes. Thanks a bunch!

So...obligatory questions: How do you like the FatCat? That's what I'm considering as well. Ever have a dyno run?
When I first joined this forum there was another member that had a list of all his modifications with the part numbers, I also thought it was helpful if your looking for the same part they used, so I did the same. Also cuts down on the personal messages for parts and part numbers that I used.

As far as the D&D FatCat:
Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
I guess I would have to say I'm one of the ones that doesn't care for the Thunderheader. I don't like the three piece heat shields that only partially cover the head pipes.

The D&D FatCat looks like a cleaner set up because they have two head pipe heat shields, one continuous shield that covers the head pipe from the head to the collector on each head pipe. The only exposed joints on the D&D FatCat are right where the collector and baffle connect.

Also The D&D FatCat's head pipes are much closer to equal length then the Thunderheader. I don't understand why the Thunderheader has a longer rear cylinder head pipe, usually you would want equal length head pipes so the cylinders can be more balanced and breath the same.

When I was looking for an exhaust set up I wanted it all, fit, finish, and performance. I looked at all the 2 into 1's (January 2006) and in my "opinion" the D&D FatCat was one of the better quality set ups out there.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:31 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Thanks for the replies! Appreciate it!

You know, a tech I know strongly recommended the Thunderheader. So, when I had the chance, I talked to a highly respected HD engine builder/tuner. And by "highly respected" I mean multiple NHRA records, and a few speed records at Bonneville. Here's what he told me about Thunderheaders:

"They were designed decades ago to match with Evo engines. All they've done since as engines have changed is change the mounting brackets".

I'm not an HD engine expert and I'm not a builder, so I can't verify that, but...

Quick Reply: Shinko 777's