Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 12:15 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl '69
The glare off the chrome "dash" on my Super Glide is brutal. I'm about to have it p/c'd wrinkle black to mute it. Might even cut some skate board tape to cover the top of my upper triple tree, as well.
Have the same dash glare issue. It happens every day on my way home from work, turning the corner about 3 blocks from my house, and that sun almost blinds me! I'm thinking about either spraying it flat black right over the chrome, or spraying PlastiDip over it, so I can just peel it off if I ever sell the bike or want to change it back. Originally, I was going to replace it with a black dash from another model (FXDB), but can't afford the $100+ for it, at least unless I can sell off some of the leftover parts I have that the original owner gave me with the bike (2 two-up seats, and 2 sets of stock-ish pipes, and highway pegs). If you figure out another cheaper solution, please share it with me.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:13 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I took the bike out for a ride the other day it was sunny no clouds, no glare issues to speak of so far.

Also, I truly love the new hammerhead designs shifter. My boot would get hung up on the old oem shifter peg. Love it.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:20 PM
byrdman.45
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
Have the same dash glare issue. It happens every day on my way home from work, turning the corner about 3 blocks from my house, and that sun almost blinds me! I'm thinking about either spraying it flat black right over the chrome, or spraying PlastiDip over it, so I can just peel it off if I ever sell the bike or want to change it back. Originally, I was going to replace it with a black dash from another model (FXDB), but can't afford the $100+ for it, at least unless I can sell off some of the leftover parts I have that the original owner gave me with the bike (2 two-up seats, and 2 sets of stock-ish pipes, and highway pegs). If you figure out another cheaper solution, please share it with me.

Had the same problem w/glare when I got my FXDL and first thing I did was find a used black dash and changed it out. Found one at a salvage place on the net..

Old 07-09-2018, 09:34 PM
tcazes
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Replaced my 9 year old rear mount today. Figured I'd shave the hump down on the rear just like the service bulletin said for the front. Holy chit this thing is smooth as glass now! I was starting to get some vibrations in my seat and figured it was time. You could see 2 distinct lines where the mount had sagged from sitting for 9 years and was now rubbing from every day riding. I should have done this sooner! Paired with the predator front mount I'm super happy with how this thing rides now. Just hope it lasts! Lol I didn't even mind riding in the rain to test it lmao.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:26 AM
Protocol
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

In the process of changing my front brake pads I managed to spray brake fluid all over my bike, got the tank & rear fender pretty good. Not sure how it happened exactly but i quickly threw the cap back on the reservoir and sprayed/washed the whole bike down in the garage. I checked it out this morning and the paint looks Ok. Hoping I didn't screw up the paint anywhere on the bike.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 AM
tcazes
Tourer

Originally Posted by Protocol
In the process of changing my front brake pads I managed to spray brake fluid all over my bike, got the tank & rear fender pretty good. Not sure how it happened exactly but i quickly threw the cap back on the reservoir and sprayed/washed the whole bike down in the garage. I checked it out this morning and the paint looks Ok. Hoping I didn't screw up the paint anywhere on the bike.
When I was filling up at the gas station yesterday I had that happen. IDK what went wrong but holy crap I had gas shooting everywhere!

The following users liked this post:
Protocol (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 08:36 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Protocol
Sounds like you got it off in time. It takes a wee bit of time to start eating the paint. Shine her up and put a coat of wax on her. You're good!

The following users liked this post:
Protocol (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 08:45 AM
Protocol
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SixDD
Sounds like you got it off in time. It takes a wee bit of time to start eating the paint. Shine her up and put a coat of wax on her. You're good!
I hope so, I basically washed it twice last night, dried it and wiped it down with denim black polish/protector. I got to get it out in the sun before I'll be truly relieved.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Protocol
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tcazes
When I was filling up at the gas station yesterday I had that happen. IDK what went wrong but holy crap I had gas shooting everywhere!
I've done that once or twice as well. I'm guessing at some point I'll be riding around with a bare metal tank. Ha!

Old 07-10-2018, 09:08 AM
tcazes
Tourer

I was lucky they actually had soapy water and paper towels in the little window washer thing lol. Hurried up and soaked up some napkins and soaked the tank down lol

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?