Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 11:18 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
Agreed. The road king is a nice bike but my outlook is if I'm going to spend the money on a touring bike its going to be a road glide. I just like their fairing and was spoiled by it the first time. I was shocked how light the bike felt overall. Compared to standing my lifted dyna up it's a cloud.
I had an '08 Road Glide, before the frame changes, and It was a good road bike. Hear that the ones from the past 10 years are much better than mine was. Do what is best for the happiness of the family. Never rode my RG 2 up, so no advice on that, but I imagine she would be happy, and the RG does handle much better than most believe, for its size n weight. tp

Old 01-29-2019, 12:14 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
I had an '08 Road Glide, before the frame changes, and It was a good road bike. Hear that the ones from the past 10 years are much better than mine was. Do what is best for the happiness of the family. Never rode my RG 2 up, so no advice on that, but I imagine she would be happy, and the RG does handle much better than most believe, for its size n weight. tp
we put many a mile on my previous road glide and enjoyed most all of them. Outside of tight traffic they are very nice. My dyna feels so narrow after riding it but part of it all.
My previous glide

Old 01-29-2019, 12:30 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Beautiful bike. Did you paint it, or is that factory. Mine was the 105th Anniv model, with the copper/black paint scheme. tp

Old 01-29-2019, 12:49 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 586 Likes on 333 Posts

Picked up a set of black Topline Tubes from a friend of mine. He ended up with the wrong size tubes - needs a specific length for his cartridge kit so I picked these up from him for a pretty solid deal, they're 1.25 over stock, he needs 2 over. Also ordered a set of 2" longer damper rods from Trackerdie (I'll add a link for those curious). Gotta tear down the front end for my 20k mile checkup, so going to rebuild the front end with those. Plan is to polish the triple trees and fork legs myself. I'm thinking with those polished and black tubes, oughta look pretty slick. Already have racetech springs up front, going to go pick up some 20w oil and rebuild kit today.

Hard to get an idea of the finish on the tube but it's like looking at a black chrome mirror...

What did you do to your Dyna today?-khoqgy9l.jpg

Old 01-29-2019, 12:52 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

My (ex)wife was terrified of bikes but she (we) LOVED gping out in the convertible. Cruising the countryside on cool summer evenings as the sun goes down and the stars come out. Stop at a local watering hole for ice cream or root beer float knowing the world isn't really as good as we felt right then...and not giving a damn...

Old 01-29-2019, 01:18 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cggorman
My (ex)wife was terrified of bikes but she (we) LOVED gping out in the convertible. Cruising the countryside on cool summer evenings as the sun goes down and the stars come out. Stop at a local watering hole for ice cream or root beer float knowing the world isn't really as good as we felt right then...and not giving a damn...
Crazy how so many of us had great times, but not enough to keep them from being ex's. Oh well, back to motorcycles... tp dd50

Old 01-29-2019, 01:55 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,497 Likes on 786 Posts

Get a Miata and keep the bike. All happy then. If I had to get another Touring model it would be an RK. The other models are just too heavy for me today. Something to keep in mind too... tp dd50
I'm not getting rid of the Dyna any time in the foreseeable future, I'm just saying that if the wife had her way, I would be riding a LayZBoy for her comfort for the total hour she's on it over the course of a year. I know that 95% of riders enjoy riding with their significant other, but I'm in the minority. I honestly don't like having her on the back, I like riding on my own, it's "me time".

Rather have the S2000 over a Miata BTW.

The following users liked this post:
mitchxout (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 02:23 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

Beautiful bike. Did you paint it, or is that factory. Mine was the 105th Anniv model, with the copper/black paint scheme. tp
thanks, and no every bike I've owned I have painted. This one was chevrolet synergy green with green pearl sprayed over it.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Tileman2692
Road Warrior
Received 543 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
I'm not getting rid of the Dyna any time in the foreseeable future, I'm just saying that if the wife had her way, I would be riding a LayZBoy for her comfort for the total hour she's on it over the course of a year. I know that 95% of riders enjoy riding with their significant other, but I'm in the minority. I honestly don't like having her on the back, I like riding on my own, it's "me time".

Rather have the S2000 over a Miata BTW.
yes ! I'm the same way.

The following users liked this post:
ThePaintPirate (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 04:53 PM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Marklovell90

Got my fairing on along with my 6inch risers
Nice bike...love the color!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?