Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 05:50 AM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,014 Likes on 590 Posts

I had a no start issue after going to the Primo belt drive. In the interest of leaving no stone unturned I rebuilt the starter solenoid, replaced the starter clutch, polished the ring gear and put in a 1 piece jack shaft assembly. The bike starts beautifully.

After about 45 min of hard riding she began running like complete dogshit. Backfiring, dying at stoplights, weak acceleration. When I got it back home and started digging I noticed the ignition coil is broken. Literally broken. The case halves are cracked down the middle and the rear cylinder electrode is being held on by the internal wire going into the coil. I suspect my children/wife are involved lol.

My buddy was nice enough to ride his sporty out to the house so I could use his coil for a quick test ride and...... my new coil is in the mail.

a new m8 sure is looking better and better by the day....

Old 07-15-2019, 07:05 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,608 Likes on 2,863 Posts

All I can imagine is somewhere there is a mother with a hammer telling her children....''go ahead. it's ok''.

The following 2 users liked this post by rocket23:
ABQ-Jammer (07-15-2019), TOE_CUTTER (07-19-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 08:14 AM
kcfocust
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Went exploring and found a lake I didn't know about. The bike is now back in pieces as its time for another upgrade/update

Old 07-17-2019, 01:13 PM
checkster2000
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Brownie....any pics of the new belt drive? Open I'm assuming?

Originally Posted by brownie4412
I had a no start issue after going to the Primo belt drive. In the interest of leaving no stone unturned I rebuilt the starter solenoid, replaced the starter clutch, polished the ring gear and put in a 1 piece jack shaft assembly. The bike starts beautifully.

After about 45 min of hard riding she began running like complete dogshit. Backfiring, dying at stoplights, weak acceleration. When I got it back home and started digging I noticed the ignition coil is broken. Literally broken. The case halves are cracked down the middle and the rear cylinder electrode is being held on by the internal wire going into the coil. I suspect my children/wife are involved lol.

My buddy was nice enough to ride his sporty out to the house so I could use his coil for a quick test ride and...... my new coil is in the mail.

a new m8 sure is looking better and better by the day....

Old 07-17-2019, 06:38 PM
Mutineer
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

7/11/19
-Installed MoonsMC quarter turn throttle tube (part: https://www.moonsmc.com/collections/...-throttle-tube )
-Installed Vans Cult Crew grips (part: https://www.moonsmc.com/collections/...ips-for-harley )
-Dri slide lubed the throttle cables

7/17/19
-Rode the absolute **** out of it
-Researched 'adv' type tire options

The MoonsMC 1/4 turn throttle tube does a great job at reducing the degree rotation of throttle in order to achieve a higher throttle percentage per degree. As another user had stated, the quarter turn throttle tubes eliminates the "on/off" feeling of the throttle and seems to directly engage the rider with the throttle - as it should be. Reason I had purchased the MoonsMC 1/4 turn throttle tube was due to reviewing helmet mounted GoPro footage and noticed wrist rotation under WOT and banging gears, I would change lane positions slightly when closing the throttle! Muuuuch better now.

The following users liked this post:
fxdup (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 07:16 PM
scott_0
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,917 Likes on 1,014 Posts

my front mount was shot, I installed a Predator front mount, very nice, high quality piece. They shipped it yesterday and I had in Pennsylvania by 1pm!!!!!!! I had mistakenly ordered the HDD200M, I contacted them to let them know, Victoria got back to me quickly and assured me it would be updated to the HDD100M, very happy with the customer service

Old 07-17-2019, 11:33 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

Put on the new clutch cable and got more movement on the cable. We'll see how neutral and clutch drag work tomorrow.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:39 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

Rode it today, as I have the week off. Not very far, about 115 miles. It wasn't as warm as it was Mon/Tues. Maybe ride it some more tomorrow. Or, might take a different bike too...

fxdup (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 05:11 AM
bloodweiser
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutineer
7/17/19
-Researched 'adv' type tire options

Care to share your research?

Old 07-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Mutineer
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

7/18/19
-Shipped some moto shirts
-Performed lazy man's fall away procedure outlined here: https :// www .youtube. com/watch?v=a71kGVQxn7c
-Rode the f out of it

Conditions prior to lazy manfall away procedure:
-47kmi
-Predator front mount; @F86 eBay top link; OEM rear mount; tires/wheels 'ok'/balanced;
-Triple trees would rapidly fall to either side and bounce off the steering stop, as if there were no resistance in the neck bearings
-Bike had some uneasiness/wandering when entering the last 4-50ft of a stop; very subtle but uncharacteristic of any moto I've been on
-When putting on kickstand, handlebars would flop to lean side rapidly/unrestricted
-Triple tree nut looked untouched and did not have tooling indication on it! It's probably never been serviced.
-3-turn twisty testing area would result in wobble frequency that would force one to ease off the throttle after 75mph

After lazy man fall away procedure:
-Night and freaking day difference. Inspires confidence behind the bars
-No uneasiness/wandering when stopping
-Bike felt tight or on rails after about ~10mph up to 85mph
-Bike tracked more true when initiating 90* turns (as if turning into subdivision) and could take this style turn faster with more lean angle
-Hit 3-turn twisty testing area over 70mph and was able to accelerate up to 85mph without feeling the wobble-frequency
-Could feel more road imperfections but they didnt seem to change the rider's line

Now the bike just feels underpowered..

Last edited by Mutineer; 07-18-2019 at 06:03 PM.
F86 (07-19-2019)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?