Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 12:23 AM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

The "MOON" is shining bright!!! I needed to complete the set and found the master cylinder cap on sale and installed it tonight.
Why the MOON stuff? I met Dean Moon at his shop in 1985. It was an incredible little family ran manufacturing operation. Dean was a legend on the salt and a very gifted wild man, within 10 minutes of my arrival at his shop Dean would put me to work doing something... Every visit...
Dean was a hell of a guy, Dean passed in 1987. In about 1990 Shige Suganuma took over the business started making some Harley stuff, I started buying it. I like that connection with Dean and MOON Equipment Company, it makes me smile when I look at the parts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Moon

Attachment 522803

Attachment 522804

Attachment 522805

: Mike

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:47 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by ssleeper
There's a reason Yausa batteries run higher than their competition. Both bike shops I've worked at I pushed them cause they're above & beyond the other conventional batteries they compete w/. The only other powersports batteries I've come across that honestly compete are some of the gel-cell & lithium batteries & those are a similar price point, if not higher.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the FXDLS brakes are lacking. I don't think they're bad, but for $15k+ they're ****. I've talked to Lyndall Brakes on the phone & they have a few options for our bikes; although their website hasn't been updated.
Have to agree about the Dyna brakes. Had an '11 FXDC, and too often I thought I wasn't going to stop in time, over the five years I rode it. Went to an XR1200, and still use 3-4 fingers, but the bike stops much quicker and confidently than the Dyna ever could. I would love another Dyna, but not until MoCo addresses the stopping power of the line. The touring bikes do stop well for their weight, but became too heavy for me to properly enjoy. Kinda sad..... tp

Last edited by dirtdreamer50; 10-29-2016 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:39 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,509 Likes on 3,019 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Have to agree about the Dyna brakes. Had an '11 FXDC, and too often I thought I wasn't going to stop in time, over the five years I rode it. Went to an XR1200, and still use 3-4 fingers, but the bike stops much quicker and confidently than the Dyna ever could. I would love another Dyna, but not until MoCo addresses the stopping power of the line. The touring bikes do stop well for their weight, but became too heavy for me to properly enjoy. Kinda sad..... tp
An FXDC, with a single front rotor?

Old 10-29-2016, 01:41 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,509 Likes on 3,019 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
After putting about 400 miles on my new bagger, I took the dyna out for a couple hours today. I gotta say, in the mid 40's it was today, the big fairing on the road glide makes a huge difference. However, the dyna is sooo much faster, lighter feeling (did I just call a 600lb bike "light"?) and so much more nimble, I can't wait for spring to ride it in more comfort.

However, and this amazes me, the 850lb bagger's brakes put the dual disc dyna to shame.

I am going to look into scoring a set of touring brembo's and getting them on the LRS this winter.
That is awesome!

I have been all about that Brembo upgrade, as soon as I saw it. Keep me posted on what you find for parts.

The S brakes aren't horrible, but they certainly aren't Brembo.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:40 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,509 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
That is awesome!

I have been all about that Brembo upgrade, as soon as I saw it. Keep me posted on what you find for parts.

The S brakes aren't horrible, but they certainly aren't Brembo.
Yep, that's pretty much it. I didn't think they were bad at all, in fact I thought they were pretty good, until I ride the Road Glide.

I have a set of lyndall pads I may try as a cheap alternative (and I may very well put a set on the RG too.)

I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:15 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

I thought I've read somewhere that the touring Brembos don't sit right on the new Dynas? I know it can be done, but I swear I read the conversion is a little off.

EDIT: Found these for sale... With ABS lines too!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-brembos.html

Last edited by Maxxsmart; 10-29-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:26 AM
619DYNA619
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
I thought I've read somewhere that the touring Brembos don't sit right on the new Dynas? I know it can be done, but I swear I read the conversion is a little off.

EDIT: Found these for sale... With ABS lines too!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-brembos.html

I just swapped my calipers out to touring brembos last weekend. They just bolt right up as long as you have 11.8" rotors. It took longer to bleed the brakes then anything else.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:16 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

Technically...

V-Rod/Touring Brembos used on 06-later Dynas will move the pads approx .150" outwardly on the rotor radius on the same 11.8" (300mm) rotor. That will put the pads probably out on the chamfered/radiused edge of the rotor or slightly past the edge.

Visually... you will see the the small "unswept" area on the outer radius of the rotor "go away"

Old 10-29-2016, 08:26 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
The "MOON" is shining bright!!! I needed to complete the set and found the master cylinder cap on sale and installed it tonight.
Why the MOON stuff? I met Dean Moon at his shop in 1985. It was an incredible little family ran manufacturing operation. Dean was a legend on the salt and a very gifted wild man, within 10 minutes of my arrival at his shop Dean would put me to work doing something... Every visit...
Dean was a hell of a guy, Dean passed in 1987. In about 1990 Shige Suganuma took over the business started making some Harley stuff, I started buying it. I like that connection with Dean and MOON Equipment Company, it makes me smile when I look at the parts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Moon

: Mike
"Cool" with the Moon

Typically I don't relate Moon with motorcycle parts...good to see

I usually visualize Gas pedals, Wheel Discs and definitely the Eyes of Moon

Last edited by multihdrdr; 10-29-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:38 PM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Hundred mile ride and a bath. Not too much more of this until March!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?