Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 08:12 PM
billib1954
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Actually, that is interesting to me as well. In what assembly/fill state does that occur?

And how much oil do you use with an oil change, 2.5 or 3 qts?

Cross post bonus points?

Old 02-26-2017, 08:21 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Thanks, Mike. That's in a pretty stripped down state. I've been thinking about picking up some scales to measure weights at the axles while fully assembled and filled, both laden and unladen. Mostly to satisfy my own curiosity. I used to have access to corner weighting scales when I was in a car club, but the club disbanded. It was always interesting to see and adjust vehicle balancing.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:45 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
yessssss
I'm going to beat it into submission...lol

I'll make it work

Old 02-26-2017, 11:32 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I'm going to beat it into submission...lol

I'll make it work
Envious

I have soooo much on my list before addressing the rear fender. I'm also on the fence with the Voodoo or a WG (given our nany state road laws I might get hassled for the voodoo) either way more voodoo converts will help me decide.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:11 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Well that is a very interesting point the center of gravity, I will keep that in mind it will certainly be useful in the future.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:32 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Finally did some maintenance to the bike that I have been wanting to do for some time now. Yesterday I spent the day and changed my stock stator rotor cover to the required SE one need to install the Baker Comp Sprocket. While I was in there I changed out the chain tensioner with Baker's Attitude Adjuster. After I had the inner primary all back together, I replaced the clutch pack with Barnett's Extra Plate Carbon Fiber Clutch Kit and the Heavy Duty Diaphragm Clutch Spring (OMG does that make the lever hard to pull, need to work on my grip strength). After I had the primary all back together and serviced, I drained the engine oil, pulled the filter and proceeded to replace the front motor mount with the Predator mount, very easy project. All in all, it took me about 8 hours with a few runs to the store for a tool or two. Now to see how the mount feels compared to the stock one, too see if the comp sprocket hopefully fixes my starting issue (the spring pack in the OEM setup was very loose). The clutch pack was added for the potential 107" upgrade I want to do. The OEM chain tensioner had some nice grooves in it, seems it was ready for the change.

Last edited by blueangel73; 02-27-2017 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:03 AM
SixDD
Banned

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
Envious

I have soooo much on my list before addressing the rear fender. I'm also on the fence with the Voodoo or a WG (given our nany state road laws I might get hassled for the voodoo) either way more voodoo converts will help me decide.

I'll take lots of pictures and write lots of details of what i am doing. I have been sick but as soon as I recover Ill get on it. I anticipate 4 - 6 weeks. I want to get my Kawasaki back on the road( needs carbs reinstalled) before i take the harley off the road.

The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 08:22 AM
danhahn
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts

Put a DKCustoms oil filter relocation kit on the Low Rider. Looks like a high quality product.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:28 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I'll take lots of pictures and write lots of details of what i am doing. I have been sick but as soon as I recover Ill get on it. I anticipate 4 - 6 weeks. I want to get my Kawasaki back on the road( needs carbs reinstalled) before i take the harley off the road.
I sincerely hope you can get your eyesight sorted. My stepdad lost one eye to cancer and the other is bad from histoplasmosis. He has to use a magnifying glass to read now and had to quit riding because of it. At this point even driving is kinda sketchy...but he's stubborn and independent. It's really painful to watch him struggle with what used to be simple tasks. He was an avid shooter and amateur gunsmith and still works at it but so many of his passions have been affected it's heartbreaking.

My best wishes and encouragement go out to you!

Old 02-27-2017, 09:09 AM
SixDD
Banned

I genuinely appreciate your concern and I will definitely keep you informed of my progress, I'm gonna give it my best. I have a eye app on March 8. I really just think I need to get my blood sugar in the normal range and get a pair of prescription glasses. I think that will do it.

with my eyesight where it is now...i should not be riding!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?