Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Old 03-06-2017, 05:31 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

I actually did get to ride today. The weather broke and it warmed up a bit. This was the first ride with my new fuel map and tightened up Bassani Road Rage 3. I'm not sure I actually like the pipe. It's ear drum shattering loud. I'm thinking about changing it over to a Pro Pipe. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:08 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DivineDark
I actually did get to ride today. The weather broke and it warmed up a bit. This was the first ride with my new fuel map and tightened up Bassani Road Rage 3. I'm not sure I actually like the pipe. It's ear drum shattering loud. I'm thinking about changing it over to a Pro Pipe. I haven't made up my mind yet.
Ear drum shattering greatness!! That gurgle on decel too. Yep. I was looking pretty hard at that red thunder and finally got to ride again here recently, sticking with the RR3. I like the contrast and the sound kicks ***.

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Spent time out in the garage with the bike, listening to Metal Shop, having a few adult beverages, and getting a few things done.

Hit 53° today, cloudy with a bit of drizzle, now the salt covering the roads is a slurry mess; how about it, Mom. How about some nice spring rains then some warm temperatures? We're ready; we've been ready. The time's so near you can almost taste the wind on the road; I'm watching the extended forecasts, the day before First Light I'll bleed and flush the front and rear brakes and degrease the rotors; bring it.

Any time now Mom, it's time to head back out to the highway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM9WkluNL7M
New sissy bar looks legit.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-20-2017 at 08:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DivineDark (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 06:13 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by stonei3
Ear drum shattering greatness!! That gurgle on decel too. Yep. I was looking pretty hard at that red thunder and finally got to ride again here recently, sticking with the RR3. I like the contrast and the sound kicks ***.
Yeah. I'm torn. I like the look of the pipe, and I've finally got it tuned a bit better. I have the pro pipe sitting in the garage. I'm just trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger. I think it would give me more of the sound that I want. A mid volume, low rumble.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 727 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Mocked up a shift linkage in CAD and ordered all the components. $50 shipped. All aluminum and fairly light. .18 lbs, supposedly.

Definitely going to be stealing this idea from you.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:14 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts
Thumbs up

Ordered some Kuryakyn extended breather bolts from Amazon, Rushmore breather tubes from the Harley shop, and a external breather kit from DK Customs. Many thanks to the guys in the touring section for their suggestions as to how to do this mod without drilling the Ness Big Sucker.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:16 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Definitely going to be stealing this idea from you.
If you want a set of jam nuts, I'd be happy to send a set gratis. Save ya $10...at least compared to the set I bought.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:22 PM
rs1250xl
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DivineDark
If you decide to get rid of it and are looking to sell...keep me in mind.

Aside from getting showered on going to work, I had a great ride coming home. I also had the first of five packages from J&P waiting on me:

Old 03-06-2017, 10:16 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rs1250xl
If you decide to get rid of it and are looking to sell...keep me in mind.

Aside from getting showered on going to work, I had a great ride coming home. I also had the first of five packages from J&P waiting on me:
I may be putting it up for sale sooner than I expected. Turns out that stainless steel pipe gets a little warm without heat shields.

It ended up burning a hole straight through my pants. The only thing that saved me was my boot. I got stuck behind a school bus, so i spent a lot of time standing. I guess my pant leg landed on the pipe. That was all she wrote.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Neutrinostar
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Headlight

Before

and After

Installed a Primo Rivera Alien Headlight. I like the light itself. Looks pretty good, and the idea of built in turn signals is great. The problem is, the signals don't work. I have quadruple checked my wiring, the signals don't light up at all. I have contacted support. We shall see what -if- any assistance I receive. I sent them a copy of my invoice and explained what is happening (or not, in this case). Even without the signals, i like the new light. Just wish the whole thing worked...

Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 AM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,688 Likes on 756 Posts

What is that forward control setup?

QUOTE=Neutrinostar;16001381]Before

and After

Installed a Primo Rivera Alien Headlight. I like the light itself. Looks pretty good, and the idea of built in turn signals is great. The problem is, the signals don't work. I have quadruple checked my wiring, the signals don't light up at all. I have contacted support. We shall see what -if- any assistance I receive. I sent them a copy of my invoice and explained what is happening (or not, in this case). Even without the signals, i like the new light. Just wish the whole thing worked...

[/QUOTE]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?