Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 08:48 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by TBT3
So here's a noob question, but that t bracket that the horn is connected to and that connects to each side of the V and connects under the tank to the air filter - is that only there for the horn? Or is it serving additional support purpose?
It serves two purposes: upper engine stabilizer and horn mount. I just cut the horn bracket bend off. The rest is still there. That and the horn relocate to the front down tube cross bar is easy. Hiding the coil takes a bit more thought and effort. Supposedly it will fit under the tank inside the neck gusset with a few choice cuts. I'm going to investigate that this spring. I hid mine under the seat, but I'd prefer the under-tank location as hiding the plug wires would be easier.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:55 AM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I hate to admit it, but I noticed this morning that there's a bolt missing on one side of that horn T bracket that connects to the front part of the V, and the bolt connecting the bracket to the back part of the V is loose. That's the rattling I've been hearing or part of the rattling at least, and I guess may be adding to the vibration of the bike.

Frustrating because this bike spent a couple weeks at the dealership when I first got it and then at another "custom" bike shop for a week. Also frustrated at myself for not checking everything. It just sucks that professional shops can't be relied on. And I'm not a mechanic so everything I do I have to go slow and over analyze to make sure I'm doing correctly. Which means it takes me a lot longer.

Sorry for the rant. Just aggravated. Looks like I'm going through the service manual and checking every bolt I can until I go riding again. My bike is officially grounded for the time being.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:58 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I hate to admit it, but I noticed this morning that there's a bolt missing on one side of that horn T bracket that connects to the front part of the V, and the bolt connecting the bracket to the back part of the V is loose. That's the rattling I've been hearing or part of the rattling at least, and I guess may be adding to the vibration of the bike.

Frustrating because this bike spent a couple weeks at the dealership when I first got it and then at another "custom" bike shop for a week. Also frustrated at myself for not checking everything. It just sucks that professional shops can't be relied on. And I'm not a mechanic so everything I do I have to go slow and over analyze to make sure I'm doing correctly. Which means it takes me a lot longer.

Sorry for the rant. Just aggravated. Looks like I'm going through the service manual and checking every bolt I can until I go riding again. My bike is officially grounded for the time being.
Oh yeah, that will contribute to a lot of vibration! Easy fix, though. And, yes, your aggravation is both justified and shared by many here.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:06 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Oh yeah, that will contribute to a lot of vibration! Easy fix, though. And, yes, your aggravation is both justified and shared by many here.
Oh, yea

Good call going through the bike, no one will care for your ride like you will

Parts diagram:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....BILIZER%20LINK

Engine bracket bolt is #4775, the washer is #6019

35 - 40 ft-lbs on the bracket bolts, 18 - 22 ft-lbs on the stabilizer link bolt...

Old 04-30-2017, 09:21 AM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Parts diagram:
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....BILIZER%20LINK

Engine bracket bolt is #4775, the washer is #6019

35 - 40 ft-lbs on the bracket bolts, 18 - 22 ft-lbs on the stabilizer link bolt...
Thank you, sir!

Old 04-30-2017, 10:01 AM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 763 Likes on 631 Posts

If this works the top pic was when I bought it. Eh'
The second pic is the final results, itty-bitty fairing, new cams and gears, second set of bars 14 inch final, mustang seat, not attractive but comfortable! New rims! Like the looks of solid rear and mag front. Solid disc has Harley shield cut outs? Haven't seen that before...
Plus led lights all the way around and other things I can't remember??

Old 04-30-2017, 10:43 AM
jayelrider
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Default First Ride

Took my 2012 Switchback out for first ride.
New rider.
First bike.
She was good to me.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:48 AM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jayelrider
Took my 2012 Switchback out for first ride.
New rider.
First bike.
She was good to me.
Excellent! My FXDC is my first Harley and I was close to getting the switchback right before. I'm not a new rider though and have owned 7 different bikes but the Harley always gives me that excitement factor of wanting to ride just a little longer.

New bars went on this weekend, waiting on turn signal relocators and also treating myself to a new jacket. Just deciding which one to get now, going the full armour style this time just in case another driver wants to target me

Old 04-30-2017, 11:55 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Put it back on the battery tender. Between work and rain nearly every day it hasn't moved in 2 weeks. Week ahead doesn't look promising either

Old 04-30-2017, 12:03 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Put it back on the battery tender. Between work and rain nearly every day it hasn't moved in 2 weeks. Week ahead doesn't look promising either
I hear that.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?