Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 727 Likes on 559 Posts

Put on a 1 1/2" tank lift, washed from top to bottom, and conditioned the leather.

I wasn't sure I'd like the lift but I think the line from the tank to the seat is much better now.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:55 PM
Dyna7
Tourer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

cggorman, are you setting up those lever leds for run and turn lights or just using them for turn signals?

Old 02-25-2018, 03:04 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna7
cggorman, are you setting up those lever leds for run and turn lights or just using them for turn signals?
Run & Turn.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:31 PM
Dyna7
Tourer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

How are you going about that? I was looking at the Custom Dynamics Tru Flex LED Dual Converter but wasn't sure if that is what I needed.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:45 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dyna7
How are you going about that? I was looking at the Custom Dynamics Tru Flex LED Dual Converter but wasn't sure if that is what I needed.
Full custom wiring with a Motogadget M-Unit Blue acting as the controller for the whole system (minus ignition).

I used to run a Badlands Illuminator Pro 3. I think it had front run/turn, but can't remember for sure.

Badlands (Namz) and Custom Dynamics are both good. Kuryakyn also sells a couple lighting controllers.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:00 PM
CLTBREAD
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
On a whim I decided to order some 3 watt LED bolts to replace the 1 watters that came with the Delt Fab lever signals. Should be a direct swap. I didn't yet tear the levers apart to verify the thread pitch, but the external dimensions were the same so I'm pretty confident. If not, I'll make them work one way or t'other.

3W vs 1W (both 11mm)
23 lumen vs 10 lumen
Stainless vs Aluminum
180 degree viewing angle vs 60
IP68 vs IP67

ETA...

Tore apart the levers. The 3W and 1W are direct swaps. Delt Fab appears to be using Oznium LEDs...or maybe clones. The one I took out isn't quite as nicely finished as the Oznium I had. Not that it matters. It worked fine. The colorless one below is the Amber that I took out. The yellow one is a warm white I had laying around.
I also run Brians (DeltFab) levers... but version 2.0. I have to tell you they are super bright... I know he updated the LED and wiring and bet they may be the brighter 3w version.

Do you know if yours were version 1 or 2? TIA!

Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by CLTBREAD
I also run Brians (DeltFab) levers... but version 2.0. I have to tell you they are super bright... I know he updated the LED and wiring and bet they may be the brighter 3w version.

Do you know if yours were version 1 or 2? TIA!
Honestly don't know, but I just ordered them a month ago. I guess I'd have to assume they are the latest version. They are pretty bright, especially with the 60 degree lens. I checked the current draw and they are definitely 1W diodes. Being a self-diagnosed LED lighting junkie, I have a hard time staying away from the high output diodes... I also like the idea of the wider beam from the 3W diodes; gives me more flexibility with lever orientation without worrying about visibility.

The following users liked this post:
CLTBREAD (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 04:26 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 781 Posts

Tried to figure out how to change the chirp settings on the Smart Siren. The owners manual lays it all out but just cant get the sequence right to enter the settings menu.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:11 PM
CLTBREAD
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Honestly don't know, but I just ordered them a month ago. I guess I'd have to assume they are the latest version. They are pretty bright, especially with the 60 degree lens. I checked the current draw and they are definitely 1W diodes. Being a self-diagnosed LED lighting junkie, I have a hard time staying away from the high output diodes... I also like the idea of the wider beam from the 3W diodes; gives me more flexibility with lever orientation without worrying about visibility.
I swapped my gen 1 to 2 last November so yours are definitely his latest. Can you take a vid of the 3 watt vs 1 watt?

I’d love the brighter ones... would not look forward to resoldering those tiny wires again. Not hard... but old eyes.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:24 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

chris, can you take a pic showing how the wiring is routed on the backside of those levers...thanks

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?