Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 05:41 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Made a bracket and installed a power vision in the dash delete.Bought the dash plate from KNS kustoms, nice piece and fit perfect!

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Cool A couple of maintenance items...

My riding buddies informed me that my running lights had developed an intermittent flicker. I had the same problem with my brake lights several months ago that I traced to a bad connection from when the PO had installed additional brake lights mounted on the back side of my Leather Lyke saddlebags.

Not blaming him,{and I love the 4.5" additional pair of brake/running lights} just after 8 years the bare wires were migrating out of the connections with the engine vibration and shorting out. Sure enough this time it was the wire connecting the running lights so once again I rewired and sealed everything with heat shrink... problem solved.

I had recently installed Progressive 444 FST shocks and have been playing with the sag adjustment. Guess I got a little heavy handed the last time when I added 2.5 turns {out of 9 possible} of additional stiffness. My bride noticed the difference immediately on our last ride and suggested I try again... sigh. Backed them off to the original setting and now am back to smooth as a babies backside with a happy bride. All in all a good thing for not much effort.

Lastly, my front right turn signal had loosened up to the point that I could not get it to hold its forward facing posture. Every ride it slowly began to creep to the right ultimately ending up at 90-degree angle where visibility was a serious issue. Added one more washer and re-torqued and now it is fine once again.

Three simple projects that took an hour, stripping/reinstalling the top case accounted for most of the time and now I am good to go once again. Coming up on 47K miles so tires are creeping to the top of my "To do" list.

On a positive note, my ECM seems to be making nice with the FP3 reflash since I added the longer "Quiet" baffle to my Vance and Hines Propipe 2 into 1. Been getting a solid 45 mpg even with two up and/or riding in the mostly city traffic of Tucson. I think closer to 50 solo is going to happen soon. Film at eleven.

Last edited by Capt Steve; 03-10-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:02 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,488 Likes on 783 Posts

Got around to installing that new headlight!

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 07:55 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
Got around to installing that new headlight!

enjoy that.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:52 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,488 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
enjoy that.
I sure am enjoying the ELO light show at startup!

Old 03-11-2018, 09:06 PM
gtirhd
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

flushed the brake fluid yet. that and stare out the garage window and be sad about the snow

Harfar (03-12-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 09:19 PM
MuttonMeat
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First post and first Dyna.
Installed the plate/signal relocation bracket and got a tall bitch bar a buddy bent up for me.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:22 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 15,149 Likes on 6,201 Posts

Pretty much finished buttoning up the engine on my build. All the little potentially frustrating stuff goes a lot better for me if I don't push it too much, so I've been working on it an hour or two here and there, rather than tearing into it for an entire day. I still need to make a tool for tightening the intake screws (probably just a short piece of hex stock and a 1/4" angled box end wrench), put the air cleaner together, and reconnect all the wiring and the engine work will be complete. Then replace the clutch spring and put the tank, seat, and exhaust back on and she'll be ready for fresh oil and some heat cycling.

Sorry, no pics. It looks pretty much like it did in the first pics I posted of the build....

Starting to get a little excited....

Old 03-11-2018, 11:41 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by martinj
Pretty much finished buttoning up the engine on my build. All the little potentially frustrating stuff goes a lot better for me if I don't push it too much, so I've been working on it an hour or two here and there, rather than tearing into it for an entire day. I still need to make a tool for tightening the intake screws (probably just a short piece of hex stock and a 1/4" angled box end wrench), put the air cleaner together, and reconnect all the wiring and the engine work will be complete. Then replace the clutch spring and put the tank, seat, and exhaust back on and she'll be ready for fresh oil and some heat cycling.

Sorry, no pics. It looks pretty much like it did in the first pics I posted of the build....

Starting to get a little excited....
Just cut down a 1/4” hex key so it’s about 1/2” on the short side. It works fine. Did mine yesterday.

Last edited by rbdub474; 03-11-2018 at 11:44 PM.
martinj (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 08:22 AM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Installed the Custom Dynamic LED front and rear and dipped the lens housing. Then went for a ride to try the 3+ DK risers really like where they are at. and no clue why these are loading side ways I have them saved right side up.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?