Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 02:21 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
The perforated baffle for the Fat Cat is different. It has a center that is straight through and the center walls are perforated. The walls around the center are sealed and packed so there is no way to add packing. I could see doing some metal work to make them more standard like cutting the sealed compartment off, repacking, and adding some ring or sealing the center halfway through the pipe, but I'd rather try the other baffle first. It's hard to know what all that work would do to the through put and the back-pressure. I'll add a picture later.
I pulled out my standard baffle, cut off the outer can and wrapped it with fiberglass. Not as loud, and has a little deeper tone to it.

The following users liked this post:
Jay Guild (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
I pulled out my standard baffle, cut off the outer can and wrapped it with fiberglass. Not as loud, and has a little deeper tone to it.

I'm considering doing this to the perforated baffle if I see too much of a performance drop or don't like the sound with the louvered baffle. After you posted this I realized that whoever had this exhaust before me had the unwrapped perforated baffle put in, as it has the sealed compartment. The dyna versions are supposed to be wrapped so that may explain why mine is so loud.

Last edited by Jay Guild; 08-01-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member

I read up a bit more trying to confirm that my baffle is the performance baffle (it is) and several sources said that it actually has a negative affect on the torque curve for bikes smaller than 110' and without head work. Even the wrapped perforated (standard baffle) has shown some negative affects on torque for bikes under 103' so I'm hoping the quiet baffle (WS6s original baffle) has a good sound. If not it may go under the knife.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:44 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
I'm considering doing this to the perforated baffle if I see too much of a performance drop or don't like the sound with the louvered baffle. After you posted this I realized that whoever had this exhaust before me had the unwrapped perforated baffle put in, as it has the sealed compartment. The dyna versions are supposed to be wrapped so that may explain why mine is so loud.
Some more info here:
Which D&D Baffle to Get?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=9012

The following users liked this post:
Jay Guild (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 08:17 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

If you want to recover low-mid torque, DK has their products and Big City Thunder has Thunder Monsters. Used TM's with a set of Python 3's, and they made a big difference in regained torque and considerably lower toned exhaust note. tp

Old 08-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Some more info here:
Which D&D Baffle to Get?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=9012
Thanks! I may wrap my perforated as well since I already know I can't stand it over long rides. Good to know there are options.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Ed Ard
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Adjusted the new bars a bit and rode between storms...

Old 08-02-2018, 01:07 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Wasn’t today but my rear tire took a stab from a junk set of keys lying on the road. Not sure what shearing half the spokes off sounds like but that’s the first mental picture I got as the other key on the “ring” commenced to wrap mercilessly on the swingarm. (Red scotchbrite and elbow grease took 99% of it out.) And unless you run a liner or some form of spoke sealant,the tube size for a “tubeless” 200 55 18 Avon Cobra is a 180 55 18. That came straight from Ridewright btw.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:11 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Ard
Adjusted the new bars a bit and rode between storms...

Nice! Hey did those tank emblems by any chance come with positioning instructions or did you eyeball it?

Old 08-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox

Wasn’t today but my rear tire took a stab from a junk set of keys lying on the road. Not sure what shearing half the spokes off sounds like but that’s the first mental picture I got as the other key on the “ring” commenced to wrap mercilessly on the swingarm. (Red scotchbrite and elbow grease took 99% of it out.) And unless you run a liner or some form of spoke sealant,the tube size for a “tubeless” 200 55 18 Avon Cobra is a 180 55 18. That came straight from Ridewright btw.
Yikes thats a first! Almost every puncture I've had has been from screws or nails. once was a slither of steel from a tram track. I have seen a steak knife hanging out of a tyre that flogged the swingarm too.

Glad to hear you were able to undo most of the damage.

What did I do today?

Mock up

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?