Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob/Low Rider Air Filter question:

Old 01-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Iceymike
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street Bob/Low Rider Air Filter question:

I have the 2014.5 Low rider but don't like the look of the air filter. I'm wanting to do some upgrades but with some budget consciousness this winter. I'm pretty sure I've got the exhaust narrowed down, but I wanted to find a way to change the look of the air filter without having to do a full stage 1 upgrade. I've noticed that the street bob has the round bobber style air filter/cover that I would prefer, but am concerned that I don't want to have to spring for the tuner also.

Is the air intake from the street bob an upgrade that would require a fuel tuner when combined with an upgraded exhaust? OR, is it mechanically the exact same as the other dyna stock intakes and just has a different look?

Old 01-16-2015, 10:34 AM
enodrano
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You usually don't need a tuner/ecm flash if you only upgraded to a high performance exhaust. If you add a high performance/high-flow air cleaner as well then you will need a tuner/ecm flash. The stock Street Bob filter is not high-flow.I'm not sure if the Street Bob cover will fit your bike or not. If you want to keep the price down look for an aftermarket air cleaner cover that fits your bike.