Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway pegs for Superglide

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Tfree
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Highway pegs for Superglide

Has anyone fallen in love with a set of FrameMounted pegs for a Superglide I see lots of them but not sure they will extend out far enough to be comfortable.Thanks..

Old 01-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Petro
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just installed these:

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Stea...DK-SHP-BLK.htm

Tons of adjustability. I am short, so I have them as close to me as you can get. They have something like 6 inches of adjustability. Haven't gotten out to ride with them, but install wasnt too bad. I bought a 3/8-16 tap to clean out the holes in the frame as the bolts weren't going in when I first tried to install. Plus, DK Customs has been a great company to do business with.

Here they are on my baby. I know she needs a bath.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Oranje
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on my '07 Dyna.
Since the brackets are not "symmetrical", you can mount each one on either side to change the position.
Mount them one way and it puts the peg a little higher and closer to you, but swap sides and it puts pegs lower and further out.
I'm 5'10 and use the first position.
I'd think if you're over 6', the second position would work well as it was too far me to reach comfortably.
Hope that helps.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:27 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 145 Posts

These are Drag Specialties part number DS-243524. The mounting holes do not follow the centre line so if they were turned the other way they would move further forward. I have a 32" inseam and these are just about right for me.

Attached Thumbnails Highway pegs for Superglide-dsc00675.jpg  
Old 01-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

I`m not sure, but I think the OP means out further as in out to the sides. Maybe he can chime in and clarify.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:53 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Tfree
Has anyone fallen in love with a set of FrameMounted pegs for a Superglide I see lots of them but not sure they will extend out far enough to be comfortable.Thanks..
I know that many will mention DK, I would just say that if they don't extend far enough out for you then I would add the heel kit to the pegs which would add another inch or so of extension. DK sells those as well. I had them on my previous bike and really liked them plus they add the length.

Originally Posted by Petro
I just installed these:

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Stea...DK-SHP-BLK.htm

Tons of adjustability. I am short, so I have them as close to me as you can get. They have something like 6 inches of adjustability. Haven't gotten out to ride with them, but install wasnt too bad. I bought a 3/8-16 tap to clean out the holes in the frame as the bolts weren't going in when I first tried to install. Plus, DK Customs has been a great company to do business with.

Here they are on my baby. I know she needs a bath.

Do you mind mentioning how tall you are? I'm about to order them and I'm 5'7. Sat on a bike with the HD version and too far forward for me.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:40 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Qdog002
I`m not sure, but I think the OP means out further as in out to the sides. Maybe he can chime in and clarify.
Never thought of that. There are several options for moving the pegs further out.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/559...peg-extensions

Old 01-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Petro
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Do you mind mentioning how tall you are? I'm about to order them and I'm 5'7. Sat on a bike with the HD version and too far forward for me.
I'm 5'5" with a roughly 29 inch inseam. In my picture they are the closest they go and I think it will work out just fine for me.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:10 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Tell us how tall ya are and an inseam size,, what seat you have and maybe someone can tell ya.
robbyville say's he's 5'7" and the HD version is too far forward,,
I'm 5'7" 28" inseam, stock seat, with the HD version and they're just fine,
Maybe HD has different sizes, ? Mine where on it when I bought the 09 SG.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:36 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMn
Tell us how tall ya are and an inseam size,, what seat you have and maybe someone can tell ya.
robbyville say's he's 5'7" and the HD version is too far forward,,
I'm 5'7" 28" inseam, stock seat, with the HD version and they're just fine,
Maybe HD has different sizes, ? Mine where on it when I bought the 09 SG.
Good point! I only found one size but it could also be that the bike I sat on had a different seat, etc. It was at a dealership (used bike) and could have even been that they weren't HD pegs.

Thanks for the information. I'm 5'7 with a 30" inseam, but my seat moved me back about an inch from the stock seat. Still planning to get the DK ones, plus they're about $30 less than the HD version.

Of course this may not help the OP if he was actually looking for peg extensions!

Quick Reply: Highway pegs for Superglide