Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 wide glide with 7" bucket installed with trucklite phase 7

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 03:10 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts
Default 12 wide glide with 7" bucket installed with trucklite phase 7

Put my bucket on tonight when I got home from work. Install was easy. Had to take little of block mounting bolt under tree, as the new block was much shorter. Still need to aim it and plan on some sort of powder coat when I get my trees and fork lowers done. from the test after install that phase 7 is bright and nice color temp. Will post pics of light beam when time allows.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I had that on my '09 Superglide - Excellent lamp. Picked up a black Heritage bucket off eBay, which worked nicely. See below.

I have to do something with my new Low Rider, which if I leave stock requires I stick with the 5 3/4" bucket (the whole adjustable handlebar thing) - not sure I am going to leave it though. That Truck-Lite is so good... Don't know if the 5 3/4" Daymaker is as good.

The one thing I didn't love about the setup was the bucket looked a little too forward. Had I kept it, I would have looked at a block that moved it back a couple of inches. Not a lot, just a bit. I think the same would look great on your bucket as well.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Nice job, hard to imagine that a 5.75 inch could come close to putting out the same amount of light, LED or not. Looking forward to seeing a night time shot!

Old 04-02-2015, 11:34 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

IMO the bigger headlight looks way out of proportion to the rest of the Wideglide. If you like it though, that's all that matters.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:19 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

It is bigger than I would have chosen normally for looks alone. For functionality and the light output ,the size of the bucket out weighed the sacrifice of keeping the sleeker profile headlamp. Plus once I get some powder done and my new carlini t bars on it will still be tad oversized or may blend in better. Either way it's not looking bad compared to what I though it would originally, and things mounted up well.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:14 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I told you, should have stuck with the 5-3/4", that thing looks huge.

Last edited by LunaticFringe; 04-02-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
It is bigger than I would have chosen normally for looks alone. For functionality and the light output ,the size of the bucket out weighed the sacrifice of keeping the sleeker profile headlamp. Plus once I get some powder done and my new carlini t bars on it will still be tad oversized or may blend in better. Either way it's not looking bad compared to what I though it would originally, and things mounted up well.
If you could somehow get the headlight to set back a couple of inches then I think it would look better and not so much out of proportion.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:21 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

I have looked into it. Until I get the front end powdered in the next couple weeks along with the bucket I will go from there. Not much for room to go back much. May be able to go up a inch or 2 and back about and inch and a half tops. Then once a bracket is fabbed is also keeping vibration down and not losing the adjustment. It's kinda growing on me and the light output is beyond what I ever imagined it would be. No matter what well worth it. No way any 5 3/4 could come close to the light it puts off.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:33 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Bucket looks way better in black!!!

Still may need to adjust the aim slightly. This light is killer. Pics don't do it justice. The pics are from around 20'. Believe I'll have no troubles seeing anything.
Low Beam

High Beam

Old 04-20-2015, 05:43 AM
Odin510
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the 5" daymaker, and my buddy has the phase 7. Really can't see a difference in night driving.

Quick Reply: 12 wide glide with 7" bucket installed with trucklite phase 7