Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 dyna no spark, won't start

Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 PM
abbyb
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 dyna no spark, won't start

Battery is charged with car charger, won't start. Power to the coil but no spark to plugs. Replaced coil but still got no spark so we returned it and replaced the voltage regulator, still no spark. Any ideas? ?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:30 PM
John_K
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pull the codes they should give some indication of where you can start looking for trouble.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:43 PM
abbyb
Stage IV

How do we pull the codes? Is there a dIagnostic tool we can buy?

Last edited by abbyb; 04-04-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like your crank position sensor, it is located right next to your oil filter, if it is not working right it does not send a signal to the coils , check your manual for testing procedure

Old 04-04-2015, 10:38 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

This just happened to me. Crank position sensor. $68 for the good S&S one and 30 mins of labor

Old 04-04-2015, 11:07 AM
John_K
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For a 2000 model there is also a CPS cam position sensor that could just as easily be the problem. It takes somewhat more than 30 mins to change... closer to a couple hours.

OP really should pull codes (I provided a link for procedure )

The following users liked this post:
Irishman112 (07-23-2020)
Old 04-04-2015, 11:22 AM
o0smitters0o
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just so you know how to check codes. On Street Bob turn ignition off push odometer button in hold it turn bike to on position do not turn over. The speedometer will go from 0 to 120 and back. Let go of button/ You are now in diagnostic mode. look at where odometer reads it should say diag depending on year. Fat bob is a little different. If it no longer says diag and has letters across those are certain electrical relays lets say some are accessories. Some are 2 letter some are 1. Start at first set push odometer button and hold if there is a fault a CN and a number comes up. I think its CN the number is important. Its giving you a code maybe more than one. Write it down. now either a pn and number may come up thats the part I believe the relay is part of. Take the CN or code and look it up in your HD electrical manual you bought with the HD Service Manual and HD Parts manual for you bike. All three are good to have. Or punch the number into google search. It will tell you why its giving that code. To clear it hold the black button till it goes back to sequence of letters, hit button again will move you to next set. Some may say none after you hold it on certain letters. Just means you are not using what ever that relay is for. I used to know them, I don't anymore. My red key light kept coming on when packing all my gear for work to go home for weekend. My rear right blinker wire had come out of that clip, with my Dyna packed with so much **** my old stock shocks where no making the cut. The rubbed the wire insulation off then would touch fender and fault out. Went to Dealership cause it was on way home. They wanted nothing to do with me unless I set up appointment. Called homie who owns his shop after working at this worthless place. Bitched me out for even stopping there told me what I just told you. Got the code asked Harley dude he said I can't tell you that. So looked up on my iPhone right in front of him. Gave him the good customer service *** and said now I know what ,popped homies name, meant about ****ing shitty service. After working 10 hours 5 hour ride home in 105 degree weather you act like this. Never went back again. That was a little long winded if get bike running try it out so you know how it works. IM me or it may be on internet but its not in service manual. Hope you get that figured out.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:33 AM
abbyb
Stage IV

Awesome, thanks! We'll check it out today so we can get back on the road

Old 04-07-2015, 08:54 AM
vmaxnick
6th Gear
Default Codes

You will probably be in the same boat as me. All threads refer to diagnostic trouble codes nothing like what I pull up off my 2001 carb Dyna. My codes start d0 even the engine light doesn't work the way the threads suggest. I get engine light on solid for a few seconds, then six blinks followed by off for a second, then a set of regular blinks 1/2 second apart for the first number, then a slight pause, then regular 1/2 second blinks for the second number. HD must have fitted a different set up to the 2000 2001 TC as none of the threads referring to DTC reading are even similar.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 AM
abbyb
Stage IV

It was the crank position sensor. Thanks!