Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JD Customs or Conley Fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JD Customs or Conley Fairing?

I've searched and read most comments on here about these fairings but wonder if anyone has experience with both?

I hate the buffeting with my HD Detachable Windshield over 60mph and am hoping one of these will be better. I've tried different heights and angles but no luck. Wearing a half helmet helps but I prefer one of my 3/4 or full face helmets for long rides or mountain riding.

The JD Customs FXDXT replica seems to have the better reviews but is $130 pricier than the Conley T-Sport. Worth it? Was also thinking Rifle Roadster to save another $150 but a lot of people seem to buffeting issues with them.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:56 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you've really read all the reviews, how can you even ask the question. JD is head and shoulders above the Conley product. How can anyone really answer your question, anyway? Only you know what $130 is "worth" to you, so only you can answer it. Everyone you has purchased one or the other has answered the question for him/her self as evidenced by the one chosen.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racqueteer9
I've searched and read most comments on here about these fairings but wonder if anyone has experience with both?

I hate the buffeting with my HD Detachable Windshield over 60mph and am hoping one of these will be better. I've tried different heights and angles but no luck. Wearing a half helmet helps but I prefer one of my 3/4 or full face helmets for long rides or mountain riding.

The JD Customs FXDXT replica seems to have the better reviews but is $130 pricier than the Conley T-Sport. Worth it? Was also thinking Rifle Roadster to save another $150 but a lot of people seem to buffeting issues with them.
Conley's definitely is NOT $130 cheaper. Try like $40 if you're comparing apples to apples and not that one piece setup they're selling and for the $600 that JD is that includes shipping cost. There is multiple reasons IMO to go with a JD's over a conley's. Here's just a few that I found to matter to me. Bolt pattern on the windshield is same as factory where as conley's is not and you have to buy their screens only as replacements. Jd's you can buy any remanufactured T-Sport windscreen and it'll bolt up. Another reason is the JD has the adjustable angle on it like the factory one does. Also mounting hardware I really like on the JD opposed to using fork clamps from Conley's. Very nice steel bracketry. Final supporting factor for JD is that JD himself is a really nice guy and offers GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. He will in fact make sure you get what you ordered to you on time, no B.S., and take care or answer any questions or concerns you have before OR after you order.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This like comparing the quality of harbor freight tools and craftsman. Conleys faring is dog ****, paper thin horible paint finish and fit.plus no adjustable windshield and the dude is just a dBag to deal with. Jd customs faring has quality brackets, fully adjustable windshield and you can tell that the craftsmanship is just better. Ive seen both in person and i will be buying the jd faring when i finish my jet boat project and my jeep.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:51 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will JD paint the fairing to match? I could call but why not ask here?

Old 04-20-2015, 03:04 PM
SuperG96
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i have a conelys headlight relocation bracket if any of you guys need it. $20 tyd

Old 04-20-2015, 03:45 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2>4
Will JD paint the fairing to match? I could call but why not ask here?
Yes, for $150 I believe he charges. Turn around time slows down quite a bit though. I think he said like 10 days or so.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Why does nearly every fairing on JD's website always show "sold out"?????

Old 04-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lama
Why does nearly every fairing on JD's website always show "sold out"?????
Because they're THAT bad *** lol

Old 04-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Give him a call. They'll let you know when they get more ready to ship. In the mean time he takes like a waiting list and will invoice you when they come in and are ready to go.

Quick Reply: JD Customs or Conley Fairing?