Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo Dyna Oil Pressure Guage

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:59 AM
jim70
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo Dyna Oil Pressure Guage

Did any of the late year Evo powered Dynas have factory oil pressure gauges fitted?
My '97 Wide Glide has one mounted to right hand case plug where oil strainer is.
I noticed a couple of other bikes on eBay that had similar.
The oil pressure switch and console light are still there.....just a small 0-60 psi gauge that I've seen a few identical examples of.

Jim

Old 04-26-2015, 08:17 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

I don't believe the gauges were ever factory installed but there were and are several different aftermarket options available to install an oil pressure gauge, HD even offered a few different oil pressure gauge kits for the Evolution, a case mounted kit and I recall one was rocker mounted, never saw it but I heard it used a plastic oil line and I've read reports of plastic oil pressure gauge lines leaking or rupturing at the most inopportune moments I don't have the number for the HD Evo kits in my documents any longer but the HD T/C kit is still available and it's #75133-99 and has a plastic oil line

I have installed an oil pressure gauge on every HD I've ever owned, I started using the Jerzee Customs kits around '06, I believe they're the best of the bunch; very well made, nicely chromed, and a proper braided stainless steel oil line. Jerzee Customs still sell their Evo rocker mount kits if you need any parts or fittings or just want to upgrade...

http://www.jerzeecustoms.com/index.htm

I did a Google search and found the HD part number! #75012-82D, the case mounted kit, not the Evo rocker mount kit; I installed this style gauge on my Evo Wide Glide, I found it hard to see so I went to the rocker mounted aftermarket kits.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-c...ts/-J01352.PDF

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...pressure-gauge

Now I know it's a '13 Wide Glide with a 103 T/C, but the Jerzee Custom gauge and mount sure is pretty

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 04-26-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: More info...
Old 08-23-2017, 11:13 PM
TailGunny
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install help

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I don't believe the gauges were ever factory installed but there were and are several different aftermarket options available to install an oil pressure gauge, HD even offered a few different oil pressure gauge kits for the Evolution, a case mounted kit and I recall one was rocker mounted, never saw it but I heard it used a plastic oil line and I've read reports of plastic oil pressure gauge lines leaking or rupturing at the most inopportune moments I don't have the number for the HD Evo kits in my documents any longer but the HD T/C kit is still available and it's #75133-99 and has a plastic oil line

I have installed an oil pressure gauge on every HD I've ever owned, I started using the Jerzee Customs kits around '06, I believe they're the best of the bunch; very well made, nicely chromed, and a proper braided stainless steel oil line. Jerzee Customs still sell their Evo rocker mount kits if you need any parts or fittings or just want to upgrade...

http://www.jerzeecustoms.com/index.htm

I did a Google search and found the HD part number! #75012-82D, the case mounted kit, not the Evo rocker mount kit; I installed this style gauge on my Evo Wide Glide, I found it hard to see so I went to the rocker mounted aftermarket kits.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-c...ts/-J01352.PDF

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...pressure-gauge

Now I know it's a '13 Wide Glide with a 103 T/C, but the Jerzee Custom gauge and mount sure is pretty

Where do I install my oil pressure gauge kit fitting on a 2003 fxd? this may sound like a stupid question but I really have no clue.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:36 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by TailGunny
Where do I install my oil pressure gauge kit fitting on a 2003 fxd? this may sound like a stupid question but I really have no clue.
The oil pressure gauge kit uses an adapter that's mounted in the engine case where the #26561-99 oil pressure switch is located. The oil pressure switch is mounted to the adapter so you'll still have the console oil pressure light.

You can see the adapter in this image:

Remove the oil pressure switch with a 15/16" deep socket; you will lose a small amount of oil while the switch is out of the case. Mount the oil pressure switch on the adapter with a bit of pipe dope on the threading. Then put some pipe dope on the adapter threading and spin it back in to the case.

The trick is you'll need the fitting for the oil line at 12 o'clock, so if the adapter goes tight well before that don't try and muscle it to vertical, you can damage the case threading. Remove the adapter, rotate it in to a new orientation and spin it in the case again. A bit of trial and error and the adapter will be vertical without needing to be over-tightened.

I used the Jerzee Custom JC-9100TC multiple times on my older Twin Cams, and your '03 would look just like my '13 does with it installed...

The following users liked this post:
Kirk57 (04-27-2018)