Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDF with Harley Dyna floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Lou E
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXDF with Harley Dyna floorboards

Did some research and couldn't get a definite answer on whether I could install Harley's Dyna floorboard kit on my bike or not, I have the forward controls and Vance & Hines longshots. Called a couple of dealerships, two said it wouldn't work and one told me he asked a tech and the tech said it was a complete bolt on no modification install. I wasn't exactly trusting this so after being reassured that I could return the thing if it didn't work out, I went ahead a pulled the trigger.

Turns out that it was a pretty simple install, although not quite bolt on, it wasn't that hard.

After laying out the parts and seeing what I had to work with, I learned that the shifter side was going to be a simple bolt on installation so I turned my attention to the brake side. The rear mount wouldn't clear the pipe so I took the pipes off and started hammering the area where I needed clearance. All I had was a wood hammer so it's not the prettiest thing but I went slow so I didn't butcher it too bad. Once I had the pipes back on the bike and the rear mount installed I cut the shield for clearance. I had to do this a couple of times and the thing moved on me once I tightened it but it's all under the floorboard so it doesn't look too bad. Onto the pics:

All I can say is it feels like a completely different bike, did about 400 miles this last weekend and was a lot more comfortable even with the stock seat. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Lou E
Cruiser

I'll be taking it all back apart this winter to powdercoat it all black, in the meantime I'm loving the new setup!

Old 06-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Rubline
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Now you need to install a heel/toe shift lever.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:52 PM
mleugner1974
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you find you drag much on hard cornering?
I have drug my right side a few times just with the pegs...thought about this but dont want to be dragging more.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Lou E
Cruiser

Haven't yet, but then again I'm getting used to the bike all over again. Honestly, even if they drag, the increase in comfort is worth it. I'm definitely happy with the result.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:48 PM
JayOhh
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mleugner1974
Do you find you drag much on hard cornering?
I have drug my right side a few times just with the pegs...thought about this but dont want to be dragging more.
If you install the vtwin-man FXDP floorboards, you will actually gain a good amount of clearance. And they are straight bolt-on.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:45 PM
billib1954
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 233 Posts

Yes, you do have more cornering clearance with the FXRP boards, but your knees will be above the top of the tank. Ask me how I know. I got them for the heel/toe shifter, then had to have lowering brackets made.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:48 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

They look real good. Would probably have considered them if I hadn't already switched to mids after I bought my '08; the Switchback wasn't out yet and the FXDP boards on my bros '01 bike are quite high...

Old 06-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Lou E
Cruiser

Thank you, I'm happy with how it looks but it's how much more comfortable the bike is that has me giddy like a school girl. Can't wait for the rain to go away so I can ride to work!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:12 PM
Dirwolf
Stage I

Nice little fix on the brake side.
I was just starting to change from mid controls to the floorboard setup on my 2008 FXD tonight. I noticed in the instructions that the brake side floorboard is to be mounted to the brackets at 5-6 ft-lbs and the shifter side says 15-20 ft-lbs. Wondering why the huge difference. Does this sound familiar to you?

Harley neglected to include a tower gasket and shifter spring washer in my kit so I'm at a standstill at the moment and was reading the install instructions out of boredom.
Anybody have any ideas on this?
Thanks

Quick Reply: FXDF with Harley Dyna floorboards