Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:00 PM
huskytamer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks

Hey folks, I'm looking to swap out my stock rear suspension and could use some advice from those of you who have tried out these two brands. I've heard Ohlins are the way to go for high performance and comfort but now I'm hearing that Legend is turning out some great rear shocks as well. I looked at the promos on the Legend Revo A's and I like the fact that they are completely adjustable by hand with no tools necessary. The word is you can stiffin em up and really carve the turns or soften them for long days cruising. I have a herniated lower back so comfort over the bumps, especially on our crappy Western New York roads, is my first priority. Any experience you guys have had with either brand would be appreciated. Thanks and ride safe brothers.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Tom Shaffer
Intermediate

Recently put 13" Ricor's on the back of my 04 FXDL, improvement is incredible !!

Old 06-27-2015, 03:32 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

My buddy with a bad back just put the revo A's on his sporty and loves them. I also have a set that I'm putting on my bike soon but it'll be a couple weeks before I ride it. I've ridden them on a bagger and like them. Very nice, easy to adjust and super light. Ohlins are really nice too and have the cool factor. Selling points on the legends for me are 100% made in America by working men like me, lifetime warranty!, Jesse the owner is really cool and they're all black.

The following users liked this post:
hnemer (09-03-2017)
Old 06-27-2015, 03:38 PM
union53
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

I have ohlins on my bike. Depending on what model you choose you can get a set that require no tools to be adjusted. I have the S36PR1C1LB which has compression adjustment, rebound adjustment and the hydraulic spring preload adjustment. Can also adjust the shock length.

Compared to stock

Name:  DSCN0137_zpsq0mumdhd.jpg
Views: 7972
Size:  607.9 KB

On the bike

Name:  DSCN0203_zpszlbswkx8.jpg
Views: 7792
Size:  442.8 KB

Old 06-29-2015, 11:28 AM
huskytamer
Advanced

Thanks vdop that was the feedback I was looking for! Comfort is my first priority and the fact that they are 100% manufactured and owned in the United States is a big bonus.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:08 AM
cliftoncassidy
3rd Gear

Are those 13" and did you have to reroute the exhaust, i.e. for swingerarm clearance? Bike looks amazing! I love that color way!

Originally Posted by union53
I have ohlins on my bike. Depending on what model you choose you can get a set that require no tools to be adjusted. I have the S36PR1C1LB which has compression adjustment, rebound adjustment and the hydraulic spring preload adjustment. Can also adjust the shock length.

Compared to stock

On the bike

Old 07-03-2015, 08:15 PM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Ohlins S36PL

I am running the Ohlins S36PL that I picked up from Howard at Motorcycle Metal. They are a little longer than stock and you can feel the suspension working in the twisties as well as taking the the hit out of potholes that you experience with stock shocks. They look great to boot. The reservoirs are forward on the bike so I can run saddle bags. If I had to do it all over this would have been one of my first modifications. Howard customized the spring size based on my body weight and % of solo vs passenger riding. I cannot speak to the other shocks but would definitely get a quote from Howard as he offers a member discount.

Attached Thumbnails Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks-img_2642.jpg  
Old 07-03-2015, 08:46 PM
union53
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by cliftoncassidy
Are those 13" and did you have to reroute the exhaust, i.e. for swingerarm clearance? Bike looks amazing! I love that color way!
They are the 13 inch shocks. I didn't do anything with the exhaust. I did have to turn the length adjuster all the way in so it wouldn't come into contact with the exhaust. I was fine with that because they are still longer then stock and I didn't want to loose too much trail.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,635 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by big ron
I am running the Ohlins S36PL that I picked up from Howard at Motorcycle Metal. They are a little longer than stock and you can feel the suspension working in the twisties as well as taking the the hit out of potholes that you experience with stock shocks. They look great to boot. The reservoirs are forward on the bike so I can run saddle bags. If I had to do it all over this would have been one of my first modifications. Howard customized the spring size based on my body weight and % of solo vs passenger riding. I cannot speak to the other shocks but would definitely get a quote from Howard as he offers a member discount.
I know Howard does the right thing all the time but Motorcycle Metal has to redesign their website. It's 2015 and buyers do a lot of pre-purchase research on IPADS, etc. Hard to do on the MM site.

Last edited by Antonio Balls; 07-04-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Ape_Hanger
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
I know Howard does the right thing all the time but Motorcycle Metal has to redesign their website. It's 2015 and buyers do a lot of pre-purchase research on IPADS, etc. Hard to do on the MM site.
Yeah his site looks like it was designed in 1995.

Quick Reply: Legends Revo A coil shocks vs Ohlin coil shocks