Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Bassani 1d12r : Bad choice ! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/1069802-bassani-1d12r-bad-choice.html)

chounig 10-19-2015 03:17 AM

The TTi have been installed. It has reduced the popping decel and given back some tork.
But I have just made a long ride in mountains with my wife passenger and despite the 13" rear shocks and the additional longer fork tube, I have badly scraped the pipe under the footpeg. I will let a picture of it today.
I have mesured a Vance hort shot pipe. It goes down the footpeg at 7.8cm.
The Bassani (as it is a 2into 1) goes down 12cm !!! 4cm more down ! Big catastroph, unless you only ride strait roads !

So this Bassani RR is a big s... not only because
- it is unbearably Noisy
- it breeds a huge lost of torque (I have had to install TTI)
- The HD dealer could not set the tune to prevent popping decel (add tti)

The after sales marcket of Bassani is hopeless and they have taken me for an idiot.

-And now, I realize that this 2into1 is to low from the ground and if you lean the bike in curves, you scrape the macadam and scratch this expensive pipe.

Definitively pissed of Bassani.

chounig 10-19-2015 03:19 AM

I will buy bigshot staggered with additional quiet baffles. Do you know if it will fit with the new little bit forward pegs of 2015 dyna?
Thanks. ;-)

dlporter 10-19-2015 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by chounig (Post 14494834)
I will buy bigshot staggered with additional quiet baffles. Do you know if it will fit with the new little bit forward pegs of 2015 dyna?
Thanks. ;-)

Yes, it will fit. I had them on my 2015 Low Rider. No clearance issues at all.

chounig 10-20-2015 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by dlporter (Post 14496999)
Yes, it will fit. I had them on my 2015 Low Rider. No clearance issues at all.

Thanks Dlporter!
what about decel pops? popping? Sorry I don't remember the word.
Do you have optional Vance quiet baffles?
What about torque?
A pic of your bike?
Thank you again. ;-)
pHIL;

jaxdwg 10-20-2015 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by chounig (Post 14368132)
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...d0626f4c82.jpg

Hello from France.
In june a have baught a Bassani 1D12R 2into1 Road Rage for my 2015 FXDL.
Nothing to say with quality and look.
Problems :
-Very Noisy. The quiet baffle is an empty tube.
-Lot of backburns
-Huge lost of torque.
Decide to look for a real quiet "quiet" baffle. Not found.
Wrotte to Bassani. A guy:" Gary" told me to wait because they were working for a new quiet baffle in a few days. After some days, I wrotte again and he proposed me to ask to "R&D" ??? to make an experimental one for me. Said yes for 80usd and 30usd shipping. Paypal refused his mail adress. I send him my credit card information for 110usd but nothing happened. Wrotte again and he said he has received the baffle. Could be better for me to pay 50usd for shipping to have a tracking number.
I said no thanks because it' just an experimental baffle never tested. Somme days after, no money charged, I complain a bit, wondering how such a compagny like Bassani is not able to provide a tube with some holes. After some other past days, as I asked again for it: he said that the a mistake has happened and the quiet baffle doesn't fit for a 1D12R and he understood that I wasn't interrested anymore. I answered that yes ! I am still interested since more than two months and half and after more than 20 mails in whitch the reference 1D12R was everytime written. (how could he do such a mistake,). Finaly I decide to writte to the manager to explain that since more than two months I can't have any real answer.
Gary answered, telling me that he is the manager and he thought I was not anymore interested!
I said : Yes I am still interested. So he proposed me the same answer : I will ask to R&D to make an experimental one , etc... etc... In fact: same answer than two months before. I added that this will take time because "they are busy"!!!
After that, I understood that this guy took me for a real idiot and I told him the rest ... I sent this mail to 3 of them in this society but no one answered, of course !
So , now , for me : first of all :their engineers don't test seriously their pipes on the dyna modeles. (for the others bike, I don't know!)
They don't care of noise, torque and backburns. Torque is the most important thing on a HD engine. Isn't it?
Their after sales service is completly nonexistent
This manager is incompetent.
Took the customers for idiot.

My HD dealer tried 2 times to set the tune of the mape but in vain.
I will have to change this beautifull pipe but stovepipe and buy a Vance bigshot (they sell quiet bafles for it and they are efficient and less expensive)!
It's a shame. I have lost 3 months of blabla. I would have prefered he answered that there is not more quiet baffle and I can't do anything instead of promise bullshit.
Thank you for reading and sorry for my English mistakes.
Philippe.

Know the inside diameter of your head pipes and call Big City Thunder. If they make the QQ baffle in your size, they will give you back the torque and cut down the noise a lot. I run them in both my bikes-- 02 wide glide and 03 Electra glide classic. $129.00 + shipping. Takes about 45 min to install both. And I have no affiliation with them, just a happy customer.

2500hdon37s 10-20-2015 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by chounig (Post 14494834)
Thanks. ;-)

I think you'll be a hell of a LOT LESS pleased with the V&H pipes than you currently are with the Bassani... I had the staggered shortshots on my bike for a while... scraped those, VERY loud, and still too loud for me with the quiet baffles, and then their rear bracket at the transmission snapped completely in half in less than 6mo! Then when I contacted V&H about it getting a replacement bracket, they wouldnt reply to any of my emails or calls.

also Bassani makes the 13112J pipe (which I have) that has MUCH more clearance than the pipe you have and the shortshots, I've ridden harder and have never scraped it. While still loud its quieter and sounds much better than the shortshots ever did or ever could, and same for torque the bassani beats the V&H shortshots (I know you're looking at the big shots, but they're margainally better for torque.) Also I think the Bassani pipe is much better built than V&H, thicker heat shields, better heat shield attachment, and obviously a better mounting bracket.

FatBobMark 10-20-2015 03:27 PM

I am surprised that you are having issues with the basanni pipe. Two of my friends have the road rage ll exhaust on their 103 Fat Bobs with no torque issues and the stock baffle is not super loud, and it sits higher than any other pipe I have seen on a dyna. I personally have the VH big radius and love it. It is a little to quiet at idle but comes to life really quick when you twist the throttle. Remember " Loud Pipes Save Lives"! LOL.... I will take loud over quiet any day. Just my .02

chounig 10-20-2015 04:14 PM

Hello and thank you to both of you . It's very interesting for me to get your advices and different point of view.
First of all, just to answer to Jaxdwg : No doubt concerning the fact that they are able to do a good job with their quiet baffles.
The other problem for me now with this Bassani is the ground clearance.
Even with 13" rear shocks and additional for tubes...
With my passenger, in mountains, I touch Under the headers.
http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/13/59/15/99/dsc00010.jpg

chounig 10-20-2015 04:24 PM

On the picture you can see how thick are the 2 tubes : almost 12cm (11.5) under the axe of the footpeg. The V&H Bigshot and even the V&H 2into1 pro-pipe are only 8cm (of course) because of only 1 tube there...

So this Bassani, Noisy, torque less, making decel poping and to low, can't fit for me. If I had that the manager don't give a shit to my problems, I can forget them totaly, except to warn bikers with fxdl.
Thank you guys ! ;-)

chounig 10-20-2015 04:28 PM

2500hdon37s :
For sure, you are right and I thank you too. But, no more purchase with Bassani for me.
"The Bigshots are Noisy too", even with quiet baffle... I was afraid of that. So , please, what do you think about the V&H pro-pipe? Do you know it?
Thanks again.