Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough idle/ stalling. Some decel pop

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Smile_N_Ride
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough idle/ stalling. Some decel pop

Prior to changing stage 1 equipment, my '06 street Bob had would start immediately, the after running for about 30 secs, would begin to run rough. It would eventually sputter and stall. When riding for the first mile or so, on takeoff it was very sluggish on low end, and would stall easily.

I did the IAC repair, and this temporarily fixed it. I changed the air cleaner to a V&H naked, changed to a Fuelpak, and put V&H big shots on it. About the 3rd time I rode, I started noticing some decel pop, and the sluggish low end returned(runs a little rough, almost bogs down when opening the throttle quickly). My speedo went dead once too. No idea where to look, but each time I changed equipment, I updated the codes on the Fuelpak from V&H and have rechecked them multiple times....

Not sure what to do, but wanna see options before I take it to the dealership and fork over $1K

Last edited by Smile_N_Ride; 10-03-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: More detail
Old 10-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Smile_N_Ride
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In OP I mentioned IAC repair. This was removing the air cleaner and spraying carb cleaner into the IAC to clean it.....

Old 10-04-2015, 01:51 AM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

sound like your speed sensor. It will cause all the troube you are having. It is located either dead center on the tranny towards rear or on the right side of the tranny by your starter. The speed sensor can get a build up on it and make thing go haywire. Take it out and clean it off.