Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner for 2011 FXDC? I know beaten to death

Old 11-07-2015, 04:39 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts
Default Tuner for 2011 FXDC? I know beaten to death

My FXDC bought used and runs like a scalded dog but I have no idea what was done by the PO as far as tuning. Has stock A/C and VH Short Shots. I get great mileage averaging 42 mpg no matter how I ride but hate the look of the stock AC and want to go aftermarket. My son has the FP3 on his 2015 SB but looks like that is a no go for a 2011 Dyna from my search. Any simple to use tuners for a Harley newb would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:50 PM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm completely satisfied with my PC-V (Dyno-Jet Power Commander 5) from Fuel Moto, about $290 and is pretty much plug and play, it is an open loop system.... meaning it does not use the O2 sensors in the pipe, it's pre-mapped for your set-up. Been running it for a few years now and no issues at all.

Definitely go with Fuel Moto if you buy one, for their mapping (based on your mods)and after sales support.

Lot of options out there and I'm sure you will get other opinions, good luck.

Last edited by spyderwebb; 11-07-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:04 PM
FatBobMark
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Power Vision all the way....

Old 11-07-2015, 05:40 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

I will add this bit. I am very happy with the performance of the bike and really not looking for any real gains although a little more get up and go above 80 would be nice. I had a 2005 EG Classic and it was a dog. This bike is very quick and I've been riding 42 years. Just looking for good reliability and maybe keep the motor cooler as it gets hot fast and often kicks in the Temp controller even on cooler days with just easy riding. I find it hard to believe the PO did no tuning as he spent several thousand $ in add ons.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:50 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I will add this bit. I am very happy with the performance of the bike and really not looking for any real gains although a little more get up and go above 80 would be nice. I had a 2005 EG Classic and it was a dog. This bike is very quick and I've been riding 42 years. Just looking for good reliability and maybe keep the motor cooler as it gets hot fast and often kicks in the Temp controller even on cooler days with just easy riding. I find it hard to believe the PO did no tuning as he spent several thousand $ in add ons.
You will most certainly benefit from a better tune, your PO probably had nothing more done than the dealer flash/download which is barely any sort of improvement over the stock tune. Owners love spending big bux on pretty chrome bits but leave the performance of the bike on the table. I can't recommend the Power Vision highly enough, the great base tune FuelMoto supplied plus my own auto tune runs have turned my '13 a superb running machine. Power from top to bottom, fantastic throttle response, and better mileage than you're currently getting...

Old 11-07-2015, 05:55 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBobMark
Power Vision all the way....
i'm on the fence about doing the power vision simply because it only does one bike. i have two.... so i'd have to buy 2 for both bikes? that's bullshi7. i get that it can do things for secondary bikes, but it will only tune 1 bike... the one it marries up with. what a greedy move. every one recco'd it. and i believe them.

i need to stage 1 tune my bike after adding the pipes and a/c... 150 at the dealer for a lean stage 1 tune or 429 for life tunes for the one bike. can't move it to the next bike... i dunno. but i need to fix my ratios... my bike was popping like crazy...BUT IT SOUNDS SOOOOO GOOOD NOW! RICH AND MEATY w/jake brake racket!

Old 11-07-2015, 05:57 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by cvaria
iu'm on the fence about doing the power vision simply beacuse it only does one bike. i have two.... so i'd have to buy 2 for both bikes? that's bullshi7. i get that it can do things for secondary bikes, but it will only tune 1 bike... the one it marries up with. what a greedy move.

i need to stage 1 tune my bike after adding the pipes and a/c... 150 at the dealer for a lean stage 1 tune or 429 for life tunes for the one bike. can't move it to the next bike... i dunno. but i need to fix my ratios... my bike was popping like crazy...BUT IT SOUNDS SOOOOO GOOOD NOW! RICH AND MEATY w/jake brake racket!
Buy the second license, the Power Vision marries and works with both bikes easily

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-2094543...e-license.html

Old 11-07-2015, 06:00 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

So i'm guessing I need to know exactly which A/C I'm going to use before ordering the PV then correct?

Old 11-07-2015, 06:06 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
So i'm guessing I need to know exactly which A/C I'm going to use before ordering the PV then correct?
Not really, just tell FuelMoto you're going to use a high flow aftermarket A/C, most all of them flow more air than the engine can use; it's the stock can that's a choked down problem. DK Customs, Ness, they all flow the max air the engine can handle until you start talking head work, even then they're going to provide ample air to the engine. Do head work and FuelMoto sends a new map to let the engine use more of the available air; that lifetime support is worth it to buy from FuelMoto...

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 11-07-2015 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Added for clarity
Old 11-07-2015, 06:09 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Not really, just tell FuelMoto you're going to use a high flow aftermarket A/C, most all of them flow more air than the engine can use; it's the stock can that's a choked down problem. DK Customs, Ness, they all flow the max air the engine can handle until you start talking head work. Do head work and FuelMoto sends a new map; that lifetime support is worth it to buy from FuelMoto...
Cool!!! Thanks for the info! Old carb dude trying to learn this new fangled injection stuff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuner for 2011 FXDC? I know beaten to death