Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Big Shots

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 02:39 PM
reelheavy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H Big Shots

I am looking at installing a set of these on my 14' Wide Glide, and my question is what also has to be done when adding these pipes. My bike is all stock with the exception of a pair of Cycle Shack Slip-ons. Will I need a bigger air filter? Do I need a Fuelpak? Will I need to have the bike remapped? Etc. I'm new to this stuff.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you just want to install the Big Shots and nothing else, you don't have to do a thing. But to get the best performance out of your bike, you should install a free flow A/C. Then to do it right install a tuner. Will make your bike come to life, plus run cooler.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:02 PM
reelheavy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chase1961
If you just want to install the Big Shots and nothing else, you don't have to do a thing. But to get the best performance out of your bike, you should install a free flow A/C. Then to do it right install a tuner. Will make your bike come to life, plus run cooler.
Ok. Because I was doing some research and I just did not want to get the pipes and it changes the way the bike operates to much. So I think I am going to look around and research on some filters, then the tuner. I have some down time now over here on the east coast, due to the weather.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:05 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by reelheavy
I am looking at installing a set of these on my 14' Wide Glide, and my question is what also has to be done when adding these pipes. My bike is all stock with the exception of a pair of Cycle Shack Slip-ons. Will I need a bigger air filter? Do I need a Fuelpak? Will I need to have the bike remapped? Etc. I'm new to this stuff.
Will you need a bigger air filter? No.
Will you want a bigger air filter? Absolutely.

And when you get the pipes and AC opened up, as chase said, you'll need to get more fuel to it. You can do the tuner route and get the best performance out of it, but you can also go budget if you want.

Basically, a new HD without a Stage 1 is only using part of it's potential. Stage 1 should be mandatory, IMO.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:14 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by reelheavy
Ok. Because I was doing some research and I just did not want to get the pipes and it changes the way the bike operates to much. So I think I am going to look around and research on some filters, then the tuner. I have some down time now over here on the east coast, due to the weather.
Save yourself some trouble and call FuelMoto. They can set you up with a PowerVision tuner, Air cleaner, and the Big Shot pipes and you can install yourself and save some $$$. It is all fairly simple and you will have the pride in knowing you customized your bike.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:20 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

I have the Big Shots on my 2011 WG and the sound is slammin! I also have a SE heavy breather, and interestingly, the dealer told me the Stage I download was a waste of money and unnecessary. I tend to believe them-after all the hoopla on this forum, how many threads are there about owners who did a Stage I without the download burning up their engines? That's right, there's a lot of opinions, but no reliable information and no reliable history.

That said, I put on a set of XiEDs to increase the A-F ratio just in case...and certainly a tuner can't hurt, 'cept maybe your wallet...

Last edited by shorelasHD; 12-02-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-02-2015, 05:26 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

If you install Big Shots Staggered you don't HAVE to do anything, but you'll be much happier if you do I've installed BSS's on 3 different Wide Glides, 2 carb and 1 FI and you will take a hit in the low and mid range performance and have a lovely symphony of popping and burbling off-throttle as well, a proper FI tuner like the Power Vision will truly bring your bike to life and let her perform as she was designed to run.

The BSS's do perform well when properly tuned and bring near 2 into 1 performance due to the crossover but how you decide to tune is up to you. Carb tuning is easy, FI needs a proper tuner to accomplish the task; the Power Vision was the smartest thing I bought for my '13 Wide Glide. In every BSS install I've removed the stock baffles and used DK Custom TTI's to fatten the low's and mid's even further, side benefits of the TTI's are they prevent reversion and deepen the tone of the pipes even more; I can't recommend the Power Vision and a free flowing intake enough. Vent to atmosphere and you've got the best of all things...

Old 12-02-2015, 06:06 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

if you are on a budget, you can start with just the big shots first. Then get a fp3 after if you don't like how it runs. Then if you are looking to add a little more to the bike, you can go with an new air system/cleaner. You can do that last if you want if you want pipes first.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:21 AM
reelheavy
Cruiser

I stopped past the dealer last nght on my way in from work and crunched some numbers. I decided to go with the Big Shots, FP3, and a Screaming Eagle Stage 1 Air cleaner kit. And it all came to $1293.70 in parts. So I think I'm going to stick with that and treat my self having a loud, nice, kick *** bike. To bad the weather here is getting frigid!

Old 12-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Jfree700grizzly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also have the BSS pipes. Love the looks and sound but as said before u will notice a decent low end power loss! Installs TTI baffles and it helped a bit. Looks way better than and 2-1 pipe, just not as much power. After hating them at first now they have grown on me. Plus I'm not buying new pipes again. I think u made a good purchase.

Attached Thumbnails V&H Big Shots-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: V&H Big Shots