Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Old 06-21-2017, 01:47 PM
CAgilbuena
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badvlvo
That's odd, I have the BK Cali crash bar too, and while the VR harness was tight, it all worked just fine on mine. I didn't unplug anything when I installed mine, just unbolted the VR, and moved it to the crash bar.

I'm not running the SM skid on mine, but that shouldn't effect the locating of the VR based on what BK told me.

There should be no harm in soldering on additional lengths of wire provided that you solder them properly, seal and insulate them, use the proper solder, and use the correct wire type and gauge.
Coule be that the SM skid plate makes the mounting location a little higher. I had to cut the right side harness zip ties for it to reach. The left side stator grommet is out of the hole. I'll ring the wires tonight to make sure everything is good before I solder the wire. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2017, 05:43 PM
badvlvo
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Sucks you have to go through the extra labor, but at least it's not something really hard or expensive.

I just got done pulling the wire through my new bars. Now I have to wait for the clutch cable and brake lines to arrive so I can get back on the road. I really hate pulling wires.
Bars are in exactly the spot I wanted, not too tall, not too far away, and the right width. I can't wait to ride it Friday after the parts arrive. I've got parts arriving every day this week, and more on Monday, but I'll be able to ride after Fridays shipment.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:43 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,508 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by CAgilbuena
Coule be that the SM skid plate makes the mounting location a little higher. I had to cut the right side harness zip ties for it to reach. The left side stator grommet is out of the hole. I'll ring the wires tonight to make sure everything is good before I solder the wire. Thanks!
I'd be very careful here. Any electrical problems you may have down the road could easily be excluded from warranty coverage if it's found that you cut and soldered the factory harness.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:19 PM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@badvlvo, my finger has been hovering over the "buy now" button on the Road Warrior, but I'm gonna wait to see it on your bike. I have the Lucky 13's, too, which I love.

Originally Posted by badvlvo
Bars are on the truck to arrive tomorrow, the clutch cable and brake lines on Friday. Then the Lucky Daves Lucky 13 11" bars are going on there. At the same time I'm installing Joker Machine Viewtech 1 rectangular mirrors, Custom Dynamics LED turn/tail, HD flush gas cap and gauge, Memphis Shades Road Warrior with 11" smoke shield, and a smooth black points cover from Joker Machine.

That's going to have me at a stopping point for a while, at least until my bank account recovers enough to start on the suspension. What have you all done to the suspension on your FXDLS? I'm thinking GP adjustable front cartridges, Ohlins 4-way adjustable shocks, Kraus triple tree and Trac aluminum swing arm. I think that will have it handling at it's peak, and while I'm not a canyon carver, I do like to know that I have the capability for when I wind my way down those roads.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:13 PM
Vic_vega9
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a recall in the mail about a month ago for starting issue for the 110 engines and I went to the dealership and they install the program and I went to reinstall my program with the Vance and Hines fuel pack and now the bike will not start I'm guessing the software that Harley put on the bike in the Vance and Hines software Are not compatible. I guess Vance and Hines needs to update the fuel pack. Did anyone else have this problem? If you have a Lowrider S and Vance and hines fuel pack don't do the recall yet.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:20 PM
MikeySom
Road Captain

Received 345 Likes on 150 Posts

I have a FP3 and there is a firmware update compatible to 621 i updated the firmware but have yet to do the HD upgrade for fear of a issue like you are experiencing my bike runs and starts just fine so no need right now.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:30 PM
rdplain
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeySom
I have a FP3 and there is a firmware update compatible to 621 i updated the firmware but have yet to do the HD upgrade for fear of a issue like you are experiencing my bike runs and starts just fine so no need right now.
I called V&H to ask about this. They said to go ahead and have Harley flash the update, and BEFORE you retune the bike with the FP3, give them a call and they will walk you through their (V&H) update. They also said that there is no need to return to the stock tune prior to Harley flashing the update.

The following users liked this post:
MikeySom (06-24-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 08:00 AM
badvlvo
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPandaMonium
@badvlvo, my finger has been hovering over the "buy now" button on the Road Warrior, but I'm gonna wait to see it on your bike. I have the Lucky 13's, too, which I love.
The rest of my order arrives Monday, so I'll update with pics once it's on. I'm looking forward to having something on there to break the wind a bit.
So far the bars are exactly what I wanted, and the improved riding posture made it easier to ride faster.
Then it's on to the suspension. While the factory FXDLS suspension is one of the best Harley has ever mass produced, it's still too damn soft.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:10 AM
IronUA
Intermediate

Thinking about trying to hagon shocks. Should i go with the 13.4 or the 13.8" ones. Im thinking 13.8 but dont want to be too high, I like how it looks either way, what do you guys think.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:12 AM
Luna21
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Lorddaftbiker
Congrats on the purchase, Steevo! Enjoy the machine.

Aaron, consequences of not having a tuner include burnt valves and maybe worse due to overheating conditions. An engine is an air pump, and when you open up the exhaust, you improve the air flow. Harleys run lean from the factory to begin with. They run way too lean with free flowing exhaust and an open intake like our bikes have. The stock electronic control unit (ECU) is not versatile enough to compensate, so you need a tuner to make your bike run with the correct air/fuel ratio and get the most power out of your expensive and cool sounding exhaust. Congrats and good luck with the bike!

In other news, I just installed these cool V&H Big Shots on my LRS. I used the quiet baffles, they're still loud enough for me to be heard and to set off car alarms (hee hee). I'm running a Dynojet Power Vision (PV), and I have the tune dialed in about 90% perfect, still working to eliminate a little decel pop. We'll get there. The bike sounds Badass and pulls hard throughout the rpm range. I raised the rev limiter to 6200 rpm with the PV just in case I end up needing it. The S is turning me into a mindless throttle jockey.

Gentlemen, to Evil!

Hi everyone!
I got myself my first Harley after about 30 years of motorbike riding and I'm enjoying the hell out of it!
I got a Low Rider S with The same long Vance and Hines Exhausts as LorddaftBiker has and it will be tuned on a dyno of course.
I also started to wrestle through this thread ... some nice info here!

I am still searching for a nice 2-up seat with sissy bar and was thinking about the standard Low Rider seat with the short sissy bar upright.
But now I see the picture of Lorddaftbiker with the luggage rack that itsn't supposed to fit the FXDLS (probably because it hangs over the seat a little). I wonder if it's possible to attach the quick release passenger pillion that is made for that luggage rack while using the stock rider seat.

Also, LorddaftBiker, what highway pegs are that on your bike?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Low Rider S