Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Risers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:06 PM
crcraig
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Risers

Hey folks - I just put 10" bars on my bike...love them, but I have to lean a bit forward when riding. If I pull the bars back further it turns the grips and makes them uncomfortable to hold. I'm thinking the answer is longer risers will help get the bars back 2-3 inches.

So I have two questions for you guys:

1) Is it bad to have longer than 1-2" risers with 10" apes? I know I can do whatever I want to my bike, but I don't want to end up with bars I can bend around because there is too much flex in the risers. I like things feeling solid.

2) Any advice on 3"+ risers brands? I'm on a budget and after doing about 30 minutes of looking around on websites, risers are stupid expensive (like $150 or more). I'm looking for something in the $100 or less range if possible. And I figured asking here would be more effective than me aimlessly perusing the internets looking.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Odin510
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You can loosen the bolts on the controls and rotate them to where they're comfortable.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:20 PM
crcraig
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Odin510
You can loosen the bolts on the controls and rotate them to where they're comfortable.
You're right, but I guess I should have said more on this. It's not the controls/levers that are the issue. It's the actual angle of the bars and therefore the angle of the grips. This then causes your hold to be somewhat like pushing the outside of your wrist away from you and pulling the thumb side of your wrist toward you.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:20 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

What risers are you currently running? Depending on the style you've got you could consider riser extensions. DK Custom Products does offer riser extensions that will bring your bars up and back and you WILL be under your price point

If you want a riser setup without flex and especially with taller bars which will give you added leverage you could replace the riser bushings with poly or solid bushings. I run solid bushings and 2" DK Custom Products fat riser extensions which brought my bars up and back and with the solid bushings there is zero movement of the bars/risers and there are no added vibrations.

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-11-2016, 08:25 PM
crcraig
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DK Custom Products
What risers are you currently running? Depending on the style you've got you could consider riser extensions. DK Custom Products does offer riser extensions that will bring your bars up and back and you WILL be under your price point

If you want a riser setup without flex and especially with taller bars which will give you added leverage you could replace the riser bushings with poly or solid bushings. I run solid bushings and 2" DK Custom Products fat riser extensions which brought my bars up and back and with the solid bushings there is zero movement of the bars/risers and there are no added vibrations.
I have Biltwell Slimline Risers 1 3/4".

Old 02-11-2016, 08:34 PM
crcraig
Intermediate

Well, DK Customs has won me over again. At a $40 price point, I'm willing to gamble...

It's safe to say, after this and the Outlaw air intake I already own, I'm a DK fan.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:44 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by crcraig
I have Biltwell Slimline Risers 1 3/4".
Those Slimline's have a 1.437" base, the DK Custom Products 'fat' riser extensions are 1.5" in diameter, that's a 1/16" difference in diameter, that's close. Riser base of 1.25" - 1.5", these will fit.

Edited to add: These are the 2" fat extensions on the stock HD Wide Glide risers to give you an idea of how they look.

Last edited by DK Custom Products; 02-11-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:47 PM
crcraig
Intermediate

Does that mean they won't work? Or, just that there will be a 1/16" difference once attached, and no issues with function?

Old 02-11-2016, 08:57 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor

Does that mean they won't work? Or, just that there will be a 1/16" difference once attached, and no issues with function?
They're going to work out for you. The DK Custom fat riser extension will be 1/16" larger in diameter than the base of your Slimline risers, that's near perfect

Old 02-11-2016, 09:08 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, DK Customs has won me over again. At a $40 price point, I'm willing to gamble...

It's safe to say, after this and the Outlaw air intake I already own, I'm a DK fan.
I received and installed my DK 1" riser extensions last night.
Im a fan now as well haha. Great products!

Quick Reply: Risers