Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Brothers and VH FP3

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 12:14 PM
GRUNT77
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Two Brothers and VH FP3

Hey just to help anyone out there that has a Two Brothers Comp 2-1 and plan on using the VH FP3. I have this pipe on a 2015 Dyna Street Bob along with a DK Outlaw 636v High Flow AC. I downloaded the map listed under VH Comp-Series 2-1 with Standard Baffle and HF AC from the FP3. This combination worked absolutely incredible! I put about 200 miles on the bike since re-mapping it and it is performing great with this map. I was going to auto tune originally put cant see it getting much better then the way it's performing now. If it ain't broke don't fix it! Thanks Vance and Hines for a great product. Hope this helps.

The following 3 users liked this post by GRUNT77:
aaron___92 (09-26-2016), Spanners39 (08-29-2017), Vec (09-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2016, 07:35 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Awesome thanks for the info and enjoy the ride!!

Old 08-26-2017, 01:39 AM
joepdx
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GRUNT77
Hey just to help anyone out there that has a Two Brothers Comp 2-1 and plan on using the VH FP3. I have this pipe on a 2015 Dyna Street Bob along with a DK Outlaw 636v High Flow AC. I downloaded the map listed under VH Comp-Series 2-1 with Standard Baffle and HF AC from the FP3. This combination worked absolutely incredible! I put about 200 miles on the bike since re-mapping it and it is performing great with this map. I was going to auto tune originally put cant see it getting much better then the way it's performing now. If it ain't broke don't fix it! Thanks Vance and Hines for a great product. Hope this helps.
Have you tried Auto-Tuning it? I have the gen2 2-1 and set to the same map, everything is good. about 500 miles on it but wondering if auto-tune would provide me more perfomance.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:40 AM
Schocker65
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a very different setup, but I've found that the canned map for typical slip-ons works great on my '07 FXDC with Khrome Werks 3.0+ tapered.

I have auto tuned twice, once for a short duration (about an hour's worth of varied riding), and once for a longer duration (about 2 hours). I'm guessing that auto tuning longer, like a whole tank's worth, might improve things, but neither of those auto tuned maps could hold a candle to the canned map for responsiveness and torque. The auto tuned maps just don't compare, in my experience.

Others, of course, have had really good results based on what I've read. My guess is that if you like what the canned map is doing for you, and your mileage is still OK, there is no real need to do the auto tune.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:37 PM
joepdx
Novice

I have the gen2 two brothers 2-1 comp pipe and am running auto tune on a 16' sporty forty-eight. I can check back with y'all to let you know if its better than the canned maps. I found that the vance and Hines 2-1 map is not as responsive as the RSD 2-1 map. I ran the RSD 2-1 map for a couple weeks and everything seemed fine but ran into some decel pop still. Not as much as the V&H but well see how this auto tune goes. I talked to some of the dudes at the Harley shop and they said they ran the auto tune through many fuel tank cycles and I plan on doing the same. Hopefully **** comes out better. If not I will most likely go back to the RSD 2-1 map or try another. **** can be confusing...

Old 08-30-2017, 12:04 AM
Dog812
Cruiser

I have the tbr 2 , cycle vision intake, fp3 on a '17. Just installed on Friday.
I used a couple maps , can't remember which I chose in the end. , but have been auto tuning it every time I ride. Been about 500 miles.
When you auto tune. It will build the map.green square learned, orange learning, white no data.
The only thing I don't like is if you "apply" your tune. You lose your map progress. but I feel like every time I ride it feels better and better.

Last edited by Dog812; 08-30-2017 at 12:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
joepdx (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 12:07 AM
joepdx
Novice

Originally Posted by Dog812
I have the tbr 2 , cycle vision intake, fp3 on a '17. Just installed on Friday.
I used the same stock map, but have been auto tuning it every time I ride. Been about 500 miles.
When you auto tune. It will build the map.green square learned, orange learning, white no data.
The only thing I don't like is if you "apply" your tune. You lose your map progress. but I feel like every time I ride it feels better and better.
I literally had to change it back tonight because it was sketching me out. When ever I gave it throttle in first it would choke up and thats ****ed up. I moved it back and everything seems ok except for the decel pop. I really want to figure this out so I don't have to take it into the HD shop and pay for a dyno...

Old 09-20-2017, 03:01 PM
rory1974
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joepdx
I literally had to change it back tonight because it was sketching me out. When ever I gave it throttle in first it would choke up and thats ****ed up. I moved it back and everything seems ok except for the decel pop. I really want to figure this out so I don't have to take it into the HD shop and pay for a dyno...
Did you ever get your decel pop fixed? I had the same issue. Under air fuel in the map there is a decel pop setting. turned mine on and it worked amazingly

Old 09-20-2017, 09:51 PM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

During an Auto Tune, the preceding map is saved in case you want to go back to it.

Also, note that during an Auto Tune, you may notice a few glitches in the way the engine runs just off idle. Keep Auto Tuning. When you Apply and Finish, everything will work fine.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:04 PM
[HOONIGAN] Redbeard
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plan on getting that.

I plan on getting this TBR Exhaust and V&H fuel pak for my Sportster I can’t find this answer even from V&H it uses the O2 sensors or not. I ask because I currently have Bassani Sweepers with Dynojet power commander 5 great look and sound with them but not getting the performance I’d like also I’d like to tune it with my phone and tune more then what Dynojet has to offer.

Quick Reply: Two Brothers and VH FP3