Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

23" front wheel on a 2009 street bob Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 05:47 PM
dyna bob 583
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 23" front wheel on a 2009 street bob Help!

alright so I'm turning my dyna into a bagger. whether you like it or not, I need some help please. after much reading I decided to go with a 23x3.5 front wheel for my build. a few people posted info and pics of that size wheel on a mid glide front end. mine is here and it doesn't fit! It just barely fits without the rotor bolted on but you bolt the rotor on and the rotor bolt heads hit the fork and its just to wide. seems as though my only option is to go with wide glide triple trees? its an ultima king fat spoke wheel. I guess the hub is to wide?
has anyone done the wide glide tree conversion? will it bolt right onto my 2009 street bob? will my stock fork lowers clamp right back into the wide glide trees? this bike has already blown the budget and this was a let down. thanks for any help.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:32 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna bob 583
alright so I'm turning my dyna into a bagger. whether you like it or not, I need some help please. after much reading I decided to go with a 23x3.5 front wheel for my build. a few people posted info and pics of that size wheel on a mid glide front end. mine is here and it doesn't fit! It just barely fits without the rotor bolted on but you bolt the rotor on and the rotor bolt heads hit the fork and its just to wide. seems as though my only option is to go with wide glide triple trees? its an ultima king fat spoke wheel. I guess the hub is to wide?
has anyone done the wide glide tree conversion? will it bolt right onto my 2009 street bob? will my stock fork lowers clamp right back into the wide glide trees? this bike has already blown the budget and this was a let down. thanks for any help.
It will work with glide trees, can use your stock spacers. I did it with Fatbob trees but went back to my 19" and mid glides. It was fun though!

Old 04-26-2016, 07:37 PM
dyna bob 583
5th Gear

hey dyna bagger! ive read a lot of your posts and gotten a lot of info from you. thanks for everything. I will buy wide glide upper and lower trees, and an axle. my stock tree bearings should work right? and you think the stock spacers will work?
also the big question... why did you go back to stock setup?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Originally Posted by dyna bob 583
hey dyna bagger! ive read a lot of your posts and gotten a lot of info from you. thanks for everything. I will buy wide glide upper and lower trees, and an axle. my stock tree bearings should work right? and you think the stock spacers will work?
also the big question... why did you go back to stock setup?
I might still have the axle. Stock tree bearings will work, just repack them with grease, spacers are the same size too.

I went back to mid glide because I just felt like I was building the wrong bike.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:55 PM
dyna bob 583
5th Gear

Oh i gotcha. Going in a different direction or staying stock? Prices for a bagger around here are crazy. That's why I'm trying to build one. Although this is going way over budget now and I'm kind of regretting it. I already ordered everything for the swap. Top tree, bottom tree, axle, handlebar mounts, and bushings. Is it hard to swap out the triples and swap bearings? Any tips?

Old 04-26-2016, 09:28 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Nah dude it's a really simple swap. Just follow the manual and you'll be good

Old 04-26-2016, 09:29 PM
dyna bob 583
5th Gear

Sweet deal. Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:30 PM
ridemybikeMike
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wide glide or fat bob trees will give you proper spacing as mentioned above. Depends how much rake your lookomg for. With the 23 I'm guessing the wide glide would b a better option. Keep us up on the updates. Feel free to check out my build, might have some helpful info for you

Old 04-28-2016, 08:01 PM
dyna bob 583
5th Gear

Hi Mike. I've read your whole tread and I got a lot of info from your build. I ordered wide glide upper and lower trees. I want to do the lower leg swap so bad but I'm already way over budget but next winter it's happening! Do you know how wide center to center your forks are at the clamps now? Also how wide are you from fender mounting holes? My parts are on order so I'll know in a few days anyway. Your bikes looking great

Old 04-28-2016, 09:55 PM
ridemybikeMike
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's hard to hold the tape and take a pic but it measures roughly 10" , the change wasn't as significant as I thought but allows the room needed to mount the wider stuff.

Quick Reply: 23" front wheel on a 2009 street bob Help!