Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tokico Caliper Swap, Done!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl '69
Those BrakeTech rotors are good stuff. I ran 'em on this beast, back when.
Nice ZRX!!! I've always liked them...

Old 03-19-2019, 09:39 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
That's hot. Very good match for the wheels, IMO.

I was actually curious about the ARP weight. Figured they were a smidge heavier than stock, so no big surprise there. Worth it, to me.

Once I get my seat and side boxes converted over to carbon fiber that weight will be more than counteracted. LOL!
I had you in mind when I weighed them!

Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 PM
Kevin R
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 73 Posts

Hey I had a ZRX too. That was the best sport bike I have ever owned. I tried a Yamaha FZ1 which was the bike I had before the Fat Bob but nothing compares to the comfort and power of the 1200cc monster.
Sorry to get off track.
Love your bike man.

The following users liked this post:
Carl '69 (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

The Rex was a beast. Hella fun bike, but my inner juvenile delinquent never knew when to say when & I had to sell it 'fore it killed me. Much more bike than I had skills, but man, what a rush.

The following users liked this post:
Kevin R (03-27-2019)
Old 01-05-2021, 01:49 PM
CVDB
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, want to make a similar set up on 2010 FXDF. Had my eye on some bagger brothers brackets to mount a set of radial calipers. Somebody have experience with these brackets ? Look similar to Speed Merchant version. I'm now looking at caliber options : Tokico's are abundantly available used, as well as R6 Sumitomo. For safety plan to exchange the seals. Question is the brake lines. I guess these will have to be custom made, no big deal. But what is the size of the bolts needed ? What size is used on the FXDF master, and what would be the size on the japanse calipers ? Plan is to keep the stock disks for now.
Any tips from people that have done a similar upgrade already ?

Old 01-05-2021, 02:11 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,013 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by CVDB
Hi, want to make a similar set up on 2010 FXDF. Had my eye on some bagger brothers brackets to mount a set of radial calipers. Somebody have experience with these brackets ? Look similar to Speed Merchant version. I'm now looking at caliber options : Tokico's are abundantly available used, as well as R6 Sumitomo. For safety plan to exchange the seals. Question is the brake lines. I guess these will have to be custom made, no big deal. But what is the size of the bolts needed ? What size is used on the FXDF master, and what would be the size on the japanse calipers ? Plan is to keep the stock disks for now.
Any tips from people that have done a similar upgrade already ?
Yup... I used them on my radial setup. They came with bolts.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:08 PM
CVDB
6th Gear
Thumbs up radial calipers on HD

Originally Posted by brownie4412
Yup... I used them on my radial setup. They came with bolts.
Looks really good. Inspires braking performance confidence. (like the disks as well, but for now I'll stick to the caliper exchange). I'll not go as far as using Brembo's (cost reason). Quality wise brackets were ok ? I read some comments transport damage on the amazone page regarding these brackets ? on the bolts, my bad : i wanted to ask about the connections for the lines (I think they are called banjo bolts), any idea on the threads I need to specify for the brake lines ? HD on master, and Jap bike spec on the calipers.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:20 AM
CVDB
6th Gear

Question : is this radial caliper swap possible while keeping the fxdf's original rims. I see all sorts of rims in the images, but not the 16" originals. Not a lot of space around the disks with those.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:48 PM
CanadianDyna
Advanced
Received 118 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by CVDB
Looks really good. Inspires braking performance confidence. (like the disks as well, but for now I'll stick to the caliper exchange). I'll not go as far as using Brembo's (cost reason). Quality wise brackets were ok ? I read some comments transport damage on the amazone page regarding these brackets ? on the bolts, my bad : i wanted to ask about the connections for the lines (I think they are called banjo bolts), any idea on the threads I need to specify for the brake lines ? HD on master, and Jap bike spec on the calipers.
The tokico takes a 10mm banjo fitting, the caliper should come with the actual "bolt" with the threads and holes. I used a brembo master cylinder so my brake lines were easy. 10mm banjos on either end with -3 fittings and a braided Russell line. On Ebay of all places i found a few new replacement calipers with pads for $70

Old 01-14-2021, 01:57 PM
CVDB
6th Gear

Thanks for the info on the banjo bolts. I like the look of the Tokico / bracket combo.
Any fatbob fxdf owners that have done this modifcation using the original disks and rims ?

Quick Reply: Tokico Caliper Swap, Done!