Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaky fluid and battery drainage

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Mgirardi
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaky fluid and battery drainage

Hey everyone,
1996 wide glide recently rebuilt transmission myself, went slow and steady with it and followed transmission to the t. Put it all back together and everything works perfect. A few days after its all together it developed a slight leak. It looks like it's leaking from behind the inner primary or in front of the transmission sprocket. When the bike is started and I give it gas the leak seems to drop out a little faster. It's either transmission or motor oil, but is motorbike even near that area? Is there a seal that I did not know about that is between the main drive gear, transmission sprocket and inner primary.

Next question lol,
The battery seems to drain or something...
I start it up fine, I could ride all day no issues, but if I shut it off it won't turn back over. So I can ride for 5 min down the road, park for 5 min then come back out and I press start but it won't turn over, lights are on so the battery has some juice. Also sometimes it will start I then shut it off then I'll start it again and it will be fine, I'll do this a few times just to see what's going on. Then it won't turn over. So I jump the battery and it starts right up. I put a multimeter across the battery to see the voltage and it's fine, I'll give it throttle and the voltage increases as it should. So something is either drawing life out of the battery. I replaced the battery no dice. Also, I cleaned and tightened all connections and bolts that are near the battery and connect to ground or the starter. Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Leaky fluid and battery drainage-image.jpeg