Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad & G Bags - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:31 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 786 Posts
Default Bad & G Bags - Opinions?

Thinking about using a set of Bad & G Solo Bags (DL01 and DR01). Can order with an additional inch of width and some nice looking hardware for $400/set.
I use a large bag for overnight trips (see sig pic) so the Solo bags are for day trips to hold sweatshirt, gloves, sunglasses, water bottle and maybe rain gear.

I would appreciate your feedback on these bags. I run a removable backrest so does the mounting hardware work with these bags?

Also any pics of the bags on your bike would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Old 06-30-2016, 10:42 AM
CrispyUK
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the solo bag shipped over to the UK and first impressions are very good. Leather is very thick, which suggests it'll last a long time.

In addition to the leather retaining straps I also used some cable ties (better safe than sorry). They're hidden from sight so no issues. Be aware that the thickness of the retaining straps means that feeding it up inside the fender bracket can be a bit fiddly - just be patient!

No point me adding a pic, as it looks identical to the blue Dyna on their website (plus the bike's under a cover outside and it's pouring with rain!

I'm going to order the bag that attaches to the battery cover next - for my glasses!

Hope this helps!

Old 06-30-2016, 11:42 AM
Switchback12
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

I have bought 3 over time between mine and wife's bike. The standard black leather seems to be of high quality, not thin, but hasn't held shape well - wife's solo left side sporty bag with extra width, but holds a good bit. I used a dead creek cycles kit to attach it which works well. IMO, any bag you put on with straps will rub paint off. I have a brown sporty solo bag, very thick leather with extra width, holds its shape great, high quality. Also have a right side sporty bag that goes behind the shocks of thicker black leather. I would buy again from them, good products, but I do think they should develop their own mounts.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:45 AM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I bought one for my wife's dyna. drivers side solo bag, had it for one year. it's heavy thick leather, has held shape, very happy with it.

I'm not a fan of bags but they are necessary.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:22 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I don't have the solo bag, but I do have the battery cover bag and can attest that the workmanship is of good quality.

I'm no longer using them because I couldn't get used to them rubbing on my legs at traffic lights, but they are quality pieces for sure.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:48 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 786 Posts

Originally Posted by Switchback12
I have bought 3 over time between mine and wife's bike. The standard black leather seems to be of high quality, not thin, but hasn't held shape well - wife's solo left side sporty bag with extra width, but holds a good bit. I used a dead creek cycles kit to attach it which works well. IMO, any bag you put on with straps will rub paint off. I have a brown sporty solo bag, very thick leather with extra width, holds its shape great, high quality. Also have a right side sporty bag that goes behind the shocks of thicker black leather. I would buy again from them, good products, but I do think they should develop their own mounts.
I didn't think about paint rubbing off. That's a problem for this finicky guy.
Maybe I'll just go back to the Leather Pro FXDXT bags I keep trying to convince myself NOT to buy. I just wish I could see the leather ones installed.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Maybe I'll just go back to the Leather Pro FXDXT bags I keep trying to convince myself NOT to buy. I just wish I could see the leather ones installed.
Both Mchad, and Suede Blue Man have the leather FXDXT bags from Leather Pros. Have a look around, I believe they both posted up some pictures around here.

I kept trying to convince myself that I didn't need the FXDXT bags too... Only lasted about 6 weeks!

Mine are due in this coming Tuesday. Garry said about three weeks out, but they shipped in 4 business days!

Old 06-30-2016, 04:07 PM
Switchback12
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Now to be clear, the rubbing was on the swingman prior to the dead creek mount, with their mount, no problem.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:54 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

That's a problem for this finicky guy.

My opinion is get the bags from Leatherpro's. You will be glad you did. They are excellent quality, made in America, and fit the bike perfectly. You won't find another bag that mounts as close to the bike even with the hd quick detach hardware. I wasted over half the cost of my bags by trying the less expensive route with two different bag manufactures plus the cost of easy brackets. I was never happy with them and wasted my cash.

The following users liked this post:
Antonio Balls (07-02-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 05:35 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

I have the battery box bag. It almost disappears when on the bike. I like that about it. I don't want any saddlebags/trunks or other big bags hanging off my bike. If I gotta travel with a lot of crap, I'll hire a chase vehicle.
Would have been nice to have a template for drilling the holes into the batt cover. It sure is soft/low quality steel. Drill went thru it like butter.��

Quick Reply: Bad & G Bags - Opinions?