Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock off JW Speaker 8790A for $250

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 11:21 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
After confirmation that they were sending a new light I took the one I had apart. Once I got the main lens off I popped the chrome internal cover off and the screw came out. It was a small black screw and when I tried to put it back in the hold it was missing from found out that the hole was stripped. There was another hole which had part of the screw in it but the head was missing. After the screw was removed there was nothing loose at all. In fact, the electronics and internals seemed pretty solid. The tech guy at AliExpress said that the "engineers" told him that it was the mechanism causing all the noise, that was a lie. The mechanism internal to this is not mechanical at all, it's all electronic.

My new one arrives Monday so I will post up again once I get a chance to look over and see if they got the machine fixed that is stripping holes and popping the heads off screws.

Got new light, no issues. Works great and throws the same awesome beam. A side note, the headlight is plexi/plastic and not glass. With the new cable....no flickering. I highly recommend getting the adapter cable from Harley and not eBay. In test the lights come on when the light is tilted either way and they turn off slowly one-by-one when put back straight.

I don't know if the problem I had with the first one was common or not, but for $100 it's hard to beat even if they had to send a new one. I was ready to throw the towel in but the company did honor their warranty and the new one does not have broken parts inside.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:25 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Good on the sellers. And now you have a spare

Old 07-13-2017, 04:06 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by cvaria
Good on the sellers. And now you have a spare

I gave it to a friend who will likely take it apart and use the LED's for some hunting experiment. I could have taken it completely apart and rewired the H4 connector but I would rather pay $100 then to do all that work.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:21 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Got new light, no issues. Works great and throws the same awesome beam. A side note, the headlight is plexi/plastic and not glass. With the new cable....no flickering. I highly recommend getting the adapter cable from Harley and not eBay. In test the lights come on when the light is tilted either way and they turn off slowly one-by-one when put back straight.

I don't know if the problem I had with the first one was common or not, but for $100 it's hard to beat even if they had to send a new one. I was ready to throw the towel in but the company did honor their warranty and the new one does not have broken parts inside.

***UPDATE***

Light works great, no problems at all. I have been caught in the rain several times and there has been no issues at all with fogging. Adaptive works as intended. Great light especially for the money.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:11 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

***UPDATE***

Light works great, no problems at all. I have been caught in the rain several times and there has been no issues at all with fogging. Adaptive works as intended. Great light especially for the money.
thats good. My knock-off m is still going strong as well.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:47 PM
Dyna100
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a JW Speaker Adaptive headlight on my Wide Glide and it's one of the best purchases I've made. I have a $59.00 China special on my Low Rider and it's crap. Puts light everywhere except where it needs to be. If I don't get a JW Speaker light soon, I'll be reinstalling my stock headlight.

FYI
About J.W. Speaker
We specialize in LED & other emerging lighting technologies and proudly design, manufacture & assemble our products in Germantown, Wisconsin USA

Old 02-22-2018, 04:24 PM
red deuce
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna100
I have a JW Speaker Adaptive headlight on my Wide Glide and it's one of the best purchases I've made. I have a $59.00 China special on my Low Rider and it's crap. Puts light everywhere except where it needs to be. If I don't get a JW Speaker light soon, I'll be reinstalling my stock headlight.

FYI
About J.W. Speaker
We specialize in LED & other emerging lighting technologies and proudly design, manufacture & assemble our products in Germantown, Wisconsin USA
is the 59 dollar knockoff the adaptive knockoff or original daymaker. Thanks

Old 02-22-2018, 10:47 PM
Dyna100
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by red deuce
is the 59 dollar knockoff the adaptive knockoff or original daymaker. Thanks
The $59.00 is not adaptive. I have a bit of night blindness, so I'm a bit more critical of headlight performance.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:11 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Well, it's been nearly a year and I am migrating the headlight to a new bike. I am very happy with the beam that this light has, low and high. The adaptive is nothing more than a novelty as I never notice it but when I take the light off and move it around it's still working for the most part. The right (looking at the light) adaptive like to come on if you move left too fast. The left are stubborn but do work if you move the light very slowly. Most likely holding in your hand and moving it around is not the best test but still, shows that they do actually work. I never notice the additional light in corners but I don't ride on very dark unlit roads either. I still recommend, they seem to have gone up in price a bit since I got mine but still a very solid headlight regardless of the adaptive part.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:03 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

After over a year and a half this light is still looking working great. The light I bought in 2017 is actually the one in my profile pic.

I went to the link I originally posted and it's not available and searched Ali Express and there was no 7" Adaptive light available at all. Either they got sued or started selling elsewhere. I need a black one and wanted to get the same brand.

Quick Reply: Knock off JW Speaker 8790A for $250