Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burly Brand reduced effort clutch kit.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:42 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,380 Likes on 808 Posts
Default Burly Brand reduced effort clutch kit.

Just purchased the kit. Have not installed it yet. Has anyone had good results with this brand kit?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:19 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,373 Likes on 2,948 Posts

I put 2 on 2 Dynas about a month ago. The kit reduces pull effort by 40% over stock.
They should come from the factory with these already in place!
It reduces strain on the clutch cable, so it should live longer before breaking. (The stock cable life is 60,000 miles.)
The friction zone is slightly wider.
Adjustment is slightly more critica, but once done, it shifts like it's supposed to.
Would I do it again? Ina minute.

Attached Thumbnails Burly Brand reduced effort clutch kit.-photo348.jpg   Burly Brand reduced effort clutch kit.-photo54.jpg  
Old 01-21-2017, 10:34 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,373 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Almost forgot-
You don't need to drain your trans fluid to remove the side case. Yes, you'll lose a couple tablespoons of oil, but that's it. I leaned the Dynas up against the garage wall (throttle grip end.) Leaning this way reduces the fluid lost. Top up when done.
I don't know why, but I had a heck of a time getting the clutch cable to thread back into the case upon reinstallation. So I ran a tap thru those case threads and it went right in. I used a dab of grease to keep the O-ring in place. Had same issue with both Dynas, so you might expect same issue. Be sure you don't over tighten the clutch cable housing at the case or you'll crush the O-ring. The spec is in inch lbs not foot lbs!
Notice the above picture and how the nut/ bolt are oriented. This is the correct way. Copy this and you'll be better off! (Backwards doesn't work!) Doh!

Old 01-21-2017, 11:56 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Almost forgot-
You don't need to drain your trans fluid to remove the side case. Yes, you'll lose a couple tablespoons of oil, but that's it. I leaned the Dynas up against the garage wall (throttle grip end.) Leaning this way reduces the fluid lost. Top up when done.
I don't know why, but I had a heck of a time getting the clutch cable to thread back into the case upon reinstallation. So I ran a tap thru those case threads and it went right in. I used a dab of grease to keep the O-ring in place. Had same issue with both Dynas, so you might expect same issue. Be sure you don't over tighten the clutch cable housing at the case or you'll crush the O-ring. The spec is in inch lbs not foot lbs!
Notice the above picture and how the nut/ bolt are oriented. This is the correct way. Copy this and you'll be better off! (Backwards doesn't work!) Doh!
Same here. I Had to chase that thread recently when swapping out my clutch cable (only the second time I had been in there). I have a feeling it won't be the last time for that thread.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:20 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
Same here. I Had to chase that thread recently when swapping out my clutch cable (only the second time I had been in there). I have a feeling it won't be the last time for that thread.
I'm guessing that "Chasing the Thread" is completely different than "Chasing the Dragon"

Old 01-23-2017, 10:44 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,380 Likes on 808 Posts
Unhappy

Well started the install, everything went well until the damn clutch cable threads snapped out in the housing casing when I was removing it. So, had to cut the end of the cable to get it out of the housing then luckily I had a small easy out and got the broken piece out of the threads on the casing. New clutch cable comes in this Friday. Its always something.

Thanks all for the input.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:11 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
I'm guessing that "Chasing the Thread" is completely different than "Chasing the Dragon"
Ha, I think you are right. This guy may have a better idea...