Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Rumble seat vs. Plug-n-Play

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Treasure
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Rumble seat vs. Plug-n-Play

Bob owners would like to here from you guys out there that have either the Plug-N-Play fender mount to allow for the passenger seat and backrest OR the Corbin Rumble Seat. I typically ride with the stock seat and the motherwell rack to carry stuff on day trips but I'm looking at the above two options for haulin a passenger.

#1 consern is that I want to go back to the solo seat at any time and not have left over marks on the fender......I know that the Plug-n-Play unit has a thick rubber gasket to prevent damage butdoes it really prevent scratches???not sure what would result from the corbin rumble seat after a day trip with a passenger......a assume that it is going to leave mark or two????

I've seen photos of the Plug-N-play set up but it would be nice to know what two up seat such as the HD stripper that you are using with it, and I'd like to see a photo of your Bob with the corbin bumble seat if any of you have it.

Oh, don't know if mounting issues will crop up from one of the above, but I've got the 180WT kit and 11" progressives too

Old 05-29-2007, 07:40 AM
dailydriver
Road Captain
Default RE: Corbin Rumble seat vs. Plug-n-Play

I have a Corbin...A Hollywood solo not a Rumble..But the Corbin mounts different than a stock seat..Going back to the factory solo is going to be a pain in the *****...Plus the lock bracket will more than likely mark you fender...I love my Corbin and never have a problem reccomending their seats,But if you want to go back an forth between solo and two up...I would be looking for something else...The sundowner seems to get some high marks on the forum...Than its just two screws to remove the solo and motherwell rack and one to install the sundowner...Something to think about...Later

Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Treasure
Advanced
Default RE: Corbin Rumble seat vs. Plug-n-Play

OK, thanks for the info on the Corbin brand.....seems like the way to go is with the plug-n-play system to get a backrest and then maybe I'll go with the HD stripper seat for those rides with a passenger. It just looks like going from the plug-n-play system back to the solo seat will not be quick either.