Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you had either of these issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts
Default Have you had either of these issues?

just wonderin if anyone's had either of these issues. I have a 17 fxdls, I rode today (15 degrees) for a little over an hour and when I got home I shut the ignition switch off and the bike/accessories kept runnin like it was still in run. I tried switching it a couple times. Have the security/buttonless fob, so no other switches. I had to stall the bike, then everything shut down. I turned off/on a few times without starting and it worked fine. Hopin it's a fluke cause it was so cold but let me know if you've run into that.

My abs light has been comin on sometimes when I stop. Sometimes it flashes. Not talkin about when I first start it. Dtc is loss of com with speedo. Every time it comes on it shuts off right after I restart or keep goin.

If youve had either of these problems please tell me about it. Thank you.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:06 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,810 Posts

I think you've been riding her too much...she's a bit on the rebellious side

The following users liked this post:
Lucky Doug (02-10-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Lol no such thing as too much

Old 02-10-2017, 04:47 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

its a 2017??? talk to the dealer

Old 02-10-2017, 05:23 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
just wonderin if anyone's had either of these issues. I have a 17 fxdls, I rode today (15 degrees) for a little over an hour and when I got home I shut the ignition switch off and the bike/accessories kept runnin like it was still in run. I tried switching it a couple times. Have the security/buttonless fob, so no other switches. I had to stall the bike, then everything shut down. I turned off/on a few times without starting and it worked fine. Hopin it's a fluke cause it was so cold but let me know if you've run into that.

My abs light has been comin on sometimes when I stop. Sometimes it flashes. Not talkin about when I first start it. Dtc is loss of com with speedo. Every time it comes on it shuts off right after I restart or keep goin.

If youve had either of these problems please tell me about it. Thank you.
lt's under warranty and it needs looking at, especially if your ABS light is coming on. Start talking to your service manager.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:26 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Lol that wasn't the question but ok. I'm more concerned with the run switch not shutting off. Anyway I know it's under warranty but I'm still gonna diag it if I can get it to happen again On the off chance it's not an actual component failure. Ya never know, maybe I'll get lucky and have a poor connection somewhere. Loose connections seem to happen more on chryslers than Harleys but whatever I'm still hopin.

Last edited by Nickd2689; 02-10-2017 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,225 Likes on 3,608 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
Lol that wasn't the question but ok. I'm more concerned with the run switch not shutting off. Anyway I know it's under warranty but I'm still gonna diag it if I can get it to happen again On the off chance it's not an actual component failure. Ya never know, maybe I'll get lucky and have a poor connection somewhere. Loose connections seem to happen more on chryslers than Harleys but whatever I'm still hopin.
I don't know why the bike did not shut down but suspect it's something to handlebar switch, White/Grey wire going to the BCM or the BCM itself.. It wouldn't surprise me if the BCM processor got hung up from the cold or possibly there was some leakage on the wire.. The fact that stalling the motor seemed to reset everything, seems to imply that the BCM was hung up..

I'd definitely tell the dealer about the issue. Makes you wonder about keyless systems.. Heck on all the new stuff the ignition switch is nothing more than a logic wire going to the BCM.

Last edited by Max Headflow; 02-10-2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: not
Old 02-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bwoltz
I don't know why the bike did not shut down but suspect it's something to handlebar switch, White/Grey wire going to the BCM or the BCM itself.. It wouldn't surprise me if the BCM processor got hung up from the cold or possibly there was some leakage on the wire.. The fact that stalling the motor seemed to reset everything, seems to imply that the BCM was hung up..

I'd definitely tell the dealer about the issue. Makes you wonder about keyless systems.. Heck on all the new stuff the ignition switch is nothing more than a logic wire going to the BCM.
i agree. I'm hopin it was just cause of the cold cause I really don't want to have my bike down. I told the dealer about it today but they don't stock the switch so I'm just gonna see if it happens again and go from there. I was hopin someone else experienced this when it was below freezing and never had it happen again.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:35 AM
hometeam
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Haven't experienced the first for sure.
Haven't noticed the second either.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Just Nick
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Was the bike still rolling when you hit the switch ? Or was it at a complete stop ?
The Can Bus / BCM bikes will stay on if they are still rolling and not at a complete stop.
I have not had this issue with my Low Rider S but I wonder if the Abs light issue is making the BCM/ECM think the bike is still rolling so it will not shut off

Quick Reply: Have you had either of these issues?