Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock fxlds... VnH pro pipe vs BSS.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Gmritz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock fxlds... VnH pro pipe vs BSS.

Have a stock 17 fxdls. Considering 2 pipes at this moment. PRO Pipe high output vs Big shots staggered. Curious on dyno numbers between the 2. Also read some issues with dragging ,and/Or breaking mounting brackets on the Pro Pipe. Any feedback would be appreciated . Thanks

Old 03-09-2018, 08:22 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 781 Posts

You should get better power out of a 2 - 1 versus a 2 - 2. If ground clearance is a concern, look at the up swept 2 into 1 offerings, like the TBR or Cobra. I'm running Cobra El Diablo pipes currently.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:52 AM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Lot of different opinions out there. I personally really like the look of the BSS.

I posted a topic about a year ago in the search for mine. Decided to hold off on it and get some other parts instead. The thread might be an interesting read... don't mind me going back and forth on which one to go with, lol.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...owrider-s.html

I will say the biggest thing I'd do is hear these in person. And more than once. I've heard 'the best sounding pipe I've ever heard' only to come back and hear the same bike somewhere else and go, "Man, doesn't sound nearly as good as I remember it".
Something get's lost on youtube videos, especially pipes like the Thunderheader. You can hear what they're going to sound like, but not what they're going to feel like if that makes any sense. And a lot of the notes are lost in how good the recorder is and how good your speakers are.

And I'll add from my research on it, actually looking at dyno tests and what not, the biggest thing performance wise is the tune. Enough where I'd find what you like the look and sound of the best and not worry about every last drop of performance to be had, unless you're planning on doing a Stage 2 or more.

Last edited by CaptainAwesome; 03-09-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Gmritz
6th Gear

Thx for the info u guys. I have heard the pro pipe in person on an S. My father has the BSS on his wide glide. And I like the the sound, and probably prefer the looks of the 2 into 2 personally. Plan on keeping it stock motor wise for awhile. Plan on doing fp3 for tuner. Did u notice any gains performance wise from the BSS over stock?

Old 03-09-2018, 04:53 PM
VT81
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

ThunderHeader or Bassani Road Rage.......those 2 pipes are the best in performance and increasing both torque & Horsepower (Torque being more effective and necessary ),although the V&H Pro Pipe with 2 into 1 collector is also a great performer . Pro-Shot Staggered exhaust is in any length is Not enough length to produce torque curve performance and the scavenging factor is non existent . Independent 2 pipe exhausts from any maker( even V&H suck

Old 03-09-2018, 06:07 PM
Gmritz
6th Gear

Yes, I would have to agree with that. From what I've seen so far the bassani rr3 and even there rr2 put up sone of the best numbers I've seen. Not sure if I'm sold on the exhaust note though, and heard issues of it mating well with the fp3 tuner. But great performing pipes, no doubt

Old 03-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Gmritz
6th Gear

Also I do like the pro pipe, and was almost sold on that one...but with research I am finding out they scrape easily (I like to drive aggressive at times) and brackets breaking after a cpl yeara. So trying to get more info, or riders personal experiences as far as the pro pipe go. They do make a short version, but haven't found a dyno number on that yet...or possibly may be obnoxiously loud on a long trip.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:13 PM
VT81
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I failed to mention that ALL 3 of my Bikes are Carbureted ,jetted properly and have "Thunderjets" installed-thus eliminating the bothersome and *needed* Power Commander ECM or PCM ( Power Control Module) that Fuel injected bikes need to re-curve all the oxygen,fuel,timing,Rev Limiters, and other essential computer CLUSTER F**K Ups courtesy of H-D AND their bass ackwards designs via Delphi (mexican made ) software and restrictions - as well as 02 sensors and other needed mods to make the bike run right .

Old 03-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Gmritz
6th Gear

Lol, that is the nice part of non EFI bikes. I was surprised of the bassani difficulties with the fp3, and I think it also has to do with the 02 sensors on some level. But not totally sure. Kinda lame, lol.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:19 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by VT81
I failed to mention that ALL 3 of my Bikes are Carbureted ,jetted properly and have "Thunderjets" installed-thus eliminating the bothersome and *needed* Power Commander ECM or PCM ( Power Control Module) that Fuel injected bikes need to re-curve all the oxygen,fuel,timing,Rev Limiters, and other essential computer CLUSTER F**K Ups courtesy of H-D AND their bass ackwards designs via Delphi (mexican made ) software and restrictions - as well as 02 sensors and other needed mods to make the bike run right .
Smoke another one. The Delphi fuel injected Harley’s run perfectly with a good tune. Who wants to fiddle fawk around with a carburetor anymore on there everyday ride!

Quick Reply: Stock fxlds... VnH pro pipe vs BSS.