Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 09:52 PM
17FiXxXeR75
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
Keeping things simple you cannot just use a new longer upper brake line. Go look at your "T" or brake line upper to lower manifold and it will be apparent. The stock FXDLS front brake lines all the way to the M/C is one piece.
I'm not following. The line from the master cylinder to the block is a single piece. The block is where the lines split off to each side of the dual disk front brake system.

There has to be a reason line manufacturers sell upper and lower brake lines independent of one another. If you are only changing bar height, the question remains why you can't just get the upper ABS line from the master cylinder to the block all by itself? Is there some sort of wizardry required to mate the upper line with the block??

Old 04-30-2017, 12:16 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 17FiXxXeR75
I'm not following. The line from the master cylinder to the block is a single piece. The block is where the lines split off to each side of the dual disk front brake system.

There has to be a reason line manufacturers sell upper and lower brake lines independent of one another. If you are only changing bar height, the question remains why you can't just get the upper ABS line from the master cylinder to the block all by itself? Is there some sort of wizardry required to mate the upper line with the block??
Go look at the connection to the block from the M/C. It's fixed.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:51 PM
nldoszfxdls
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
Go look at the connection to the block from the M/C. It's fixed.
I see what you are saying, I am ordering the whole 6+ brake line.
How challenge is the wiring? I saw "law abiding biker" almost took the whole bike apart!

Old 05-01-2017, 12:03 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Throttle side is a bit of a pain. If you are going lucky daves bars you shouldn't have to depin connectors. I didn't. I did however crack a connector housing during install and had to order a new piece. Was a pain to wait but an easy fix. You'll have plenty of wire length for signals/controls if you are doing 11". I'm sure you'd be fine at 14". Take pics just in case of screw ups. Removing the tank makes for a much easier job especially come time to stuff wiring back in the neck, just depends whether you are willing to do so. Forum member robbyville did a write up on his bar swap, search for it before your install.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Johnny Dixon
Stage II
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can confirm 14" Lucky Dave's bars will work with stock wiring. Can fish the connectors through the bars without depinning them. I bet 16" bars would be fine too.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:43 AM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Dixon
Can confirm 14" Lucky Dave's bars will work with stock wiring. Can fish the connectors through the bars without depinning them. I bet 16" bars would be fine too.
I run 12" and there was a lot of room left and I have a friend that ran 16" without a wiring kit.

I run WC Slingshots and the connectors were too large to easily internal wire, so I just took a little grinder to make the bottom holes bigger to avoid having to de-pin. Once the holes were opened up it was the easiest internal wire I've ever done.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Chris Wong
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock brake and clutch lines fit 12" bars?

Old 06-03-2017, 11:03 PM
17FiXxXeR75
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Wong
stock brake and clutch lines fit 12" bars?
No. The electrical wiring for your hand controls don't need extending. There's a bunch of extra wiring stuffed in the bike. Brake line and clutch cable have to be bought to fit your bars.

The following users liked this post:
WarKat (02-08-2024)
Old 06-04-2017, 04:20 AM
Chris Wong
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 17FiXxXeR75
No. The electrical wiring for your hand controls don't need extending. There's a bunch of extra wiring stuffed in the bike. Brake line and clutch cable have to be bought to fit your bars.

Gotcha. Heard only upgrade of size without needing longer cables is 10" total.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:10 PM
MarkiemarkFXDLS
Stage I

Originally Posted by Johnny Dixon
so the 14" Lucky Daves San Diego will be ok with stock cables?

Quick Reply: Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars