Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Guyz

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Rubline
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 3 Guyz

Anyone using the oil filter relocation kit from 3 Guyz? on your Dyna? I'm worried about leaks.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Tin Cup has one, I'm a heartbeat or two away from ordering myself. Seems a solid product. AN fittings are working great on my Ultracool, I'd expect the same here.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Rubline
Tourer

Thanks Mchad. The only reason I want to do this because of the mess I always seem to make when I change the oil. I even have one of those HD gadgets for under the filter. I also have one of the reusable filters that have the small fins. I would expect a little better cooling at the same time.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:34 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

The 3Guyz relocation is very well made, it uses Parker Push-Loc hose connections that have worked out well. The billet engine adapter will allow you to position the 45° 'out' to the oil filter mount in the position that best suits your setup. The engine adapter is secured by a center filter nut, much simpler than the cast engine adapters that spin on, placing the hose fittings wherever they end up.

I've had some issues with my relocation but they're completely my fault; I've had it on and off several times looking for the 'perfect' hose arrangement. I'm also using a Jagg low mount oil cooler and am using a +3" heavy billet shift rod; that combination limits how I can route hoses.

With the extended shift rod it requires me to position the oil filter mount higher on the downtube so my PCS4C permanent filter clears the forward shift arm; I need to cut a more aggressive angle from the 'out' of the oil filter mount back to the 'in' of the engine adapter yet do to the higher positioning on the downtube I can't rotate the mount inward too far or the 90° fitting will contact the head.

With the size of the engine adapter and the length of the Push-Loc connectors I've now removed the Jagg thermostatic adapter and have the Jagg oil cooler core plumbed in series with the oil filter; earlier this week I cut off the hoses again, didn't quite like the setup. I'll have time today to finally get back out in the garage and make the final hose connection; I'll post up an image in this thread when I've got it done.

If you're running mids or the standard length shift rod on forwards the kit is a simple install; even if you're running a thermostatic adapter along with the relocation you'll be close but can make it work.

It's my refusal to change from the low mount oil cooler and my extended shift rod that causes my problems; I'm a masterpiece of self-destruction

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 04-09-2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: a duh typo...
Old 04-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Oh man, don't I feel stupid. I really thought those used AN hose fittings. My mistake. Sorry OP for the misinformation!

Old 04-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Rubline
Tourer

I have a 14 Fat Bob with forward controls with the rest of the bike mostly stock other than a few minor cosmetic changes. It's hard to tell from the photos on 3Guyz site on which type of frame their relocation kit is mounted but I like the looks of what they show. If I want to route the hoses differently, can I just go buy a length of high pressure hose and still use those fittings? I guess as long as the ID is the same, I shouldn't have a problem.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:17 PM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

The hose that comes in the kit is pretty long, you have to cut it to length. It should be plenty long enough. I also have a 3guyz reloc kit on my wide glide. It also comes with frame adapters so it can mount to any size frame tube.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:24 PM
scoop_fraser
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just installed this kit on my 2000 FXD and agree with everything mentioned. I've only been on a few rides so far this spring but haven't had any leaks and don't anticipate any. I'm really impressed with the quality of the components and Andy was really good to deal with. He even put in an extra chunk of oil line because I was contemplating another mounting option. Very impressed...

Old 04-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Rubline
Tourer

Ok guys, you sold me on the 3Guyz kit. Thanks

Old 04-08-2017, 07:06 PM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Here are a few close up pics of mine, 2015 fxdwg. I also have an oil cooler so it put the hoses for the reloc kit out further so I had to get a shorter shift linkage so the shift arm could go back out of the way.

Quick Reply: 3 Guyz