Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any chrome whores left?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 07:17 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Old 05-03-2017, 07:19 AM
abez
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 05-03-2017, 07:21 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by wideglideCVO
This is one of the badest looking bikes on this forum. Very nice bike.

Makes me want to add a Wide Glide to my garage. Beautiful bike! Classic looking, but also modern at the same time.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 08:37 AM
rydercheers
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Who says all "Club Style" bike have to be black? Not to shabby for being 15 and having damn near 40k on her.

The following 2 users liked this post by rydercheers:
Antonio Balls (07-01-2017), mirrmu (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 09:21 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

This is one of the badest looking bikes on this forum. Very nice bike.
Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Makes me want to add a Wide Glide to my garage. Beautiful bike! Classic looking, but also modern at the same time.

I do appreciate the kind words. I'd been considering going to even longer front fork tubes but I begin to suspect that front is right where it needs to be now at +2" over Wide Glide.

The rear, I believe that's going to be the next set of changes; I can see a Fat Bob vivid black rear fender and chrome strut covers in her future. Give that baby some back

Old 05-03-2017, 01:54 PM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,380 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I do appreciate the kind words. I'd been considering going to even longer front fork tubes but I begin to suspect that front is right where it needs to be now at +2" over Wide Glide.

The rear, I believe that's going to be the next set of changes; I can see a Fat Bob vivid black rear fender and chrome strut covers in her future. Give that baby some back
I would leave the front forks as is, they look great and I plan on putting that on my project list also.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:39 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

I would leave the front forks as is, they look great and I plan on putting that on my project list also.

Same. I would leave them as-is. To me, there is a point where they get too long and they don't look proportional. Yours looks perfect from the picks I've seen.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:15 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Same. I would leave them as-is. To me, there is a point where they get too long and they don't look proportional. Yours looks perfect from the picks I've seen.
I do appreciate the input from both of you; I agree, the +2" over Wide Glide was the right call. I'd debated if it should be a +2 or a +4 and I am glad I went with the +2".

We finally had a decent day today; it's been a horrible spring so far, but today I got out and did 70 miles. I stopped and got to walk away from the bike and see it from a distance. She's right; that front end is on target, the +4 would have been too much. A +4" sounds cool, but I didn't want to blow the lines of the bike, +2" is exactly what was needed.

I want to beef up the rear; the Fat Bob rear fender or a solid disc rear wheel; going to need a bit of time staring at the bike having a few adult beverages, but I'll find the answer there

Old 05-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I want to beef up the rear; the Fat Bob rear fender or a solid disc rear wheel; going to need a bit of time staring at the bike having a few adult beverages, but I'll find the answer there
I like that plan. Bobtail and a solid wheel Gotta admit I've considered doing this myself, although I do love the standard Super Glide fender I've got, and I'm not sure I want to take that away.

Last edited by Reindeer; 05-03-2017 at 09:24 PM.
TinCupChalice (05-04-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 09:25 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

I'm old school. No black bikes for me, and no plastic guns. I still miss seeing women in mini-skirts too. I look at it like painting a picture. Black is usually a no-no. But each to his/her own.

Quick Reply: Any chrome whores left?