Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy viking bag products

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Monteman1971
Road Captain
Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Do not buy viking bag products

So I ordered A Viking Solo bag for my Dyna through Amazon, it came missing the directions (which I've read of others getting theirs without the directions as well) and a bracket. Ok, I found the directions on their web site (no big deal) and then I gave them a call to get the bracket. They will not send me the bracket because I didn't buy it directly from them????? This is their product, isn't it??? They want me to go through the Amazon seller to get the bracket.

I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong... If I manufacture something and it's missing a simple part and a customer calls, wouldn't I just send the part?

To me this is terrible customer service because it's not like the seller has an extra bracket lying around. He's either going to pull the bracket from another bag (and then return what's left to Viking) or make me return the bag to him. Either way Viking has to supply the bracket so why not just send it straight to me?

This lacks all common sense to me and I will never buy another Viking product again.

Steve

Old 05-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

I agree 100% however, I think technically it would be up to Amazon in this type of situation. I agree VB should just send what you need but they are an extremely difficult company to deal with. They will likely post on here their normal excuse how they are a growing company and they are sorry and blah blah blah. It's always the same excuse. I've yet to hear of a single person who bought VB products without issue.

Unfortunately you are unable to control this. Your choices are to either ask for a refund, or an exchange. If they deny you a refund, you can just dispute the charges with your cc. When I was dealing with VB, I was very patient despite not getting a response for days at a time, and finally I told them if my concerns weren't addressed by the end of the week, that I would dispute the charges. They addressed my concerns. Funny thing is now I get emails requesting pictures of my bike with their bags. Never gonna happen.

The following users liked this post:
Monteman1971 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:03 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by Monteman1971
So I ordered A Viking Solo bag for my Dyna through Amazon, it came missing the directions (which I've read of others getting theirs without the directions as well) and a bracket. Ok, I found the directions on their web site (no big deal) and then I gave them a call to get the bracket. They will not send me the bracket because I didn't buy it directly from them????? This is their product, isn't it??? They want me to go through the Amazon seller to get the bracket.

I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong... If I manufacture something and it's missing a simple part and a customer calls, wouldn't I just send the part?

To me this is terrible customer service because it's not like the seller has an extra bracket lying around. He's either going to pull the bracket from another bag (and then return what's left to Viking) or make me return the bag to him. Either way Viking has to supply the bracket so why not just send it straight to me?

This lacks all common sense to me and I will never buy another Viking product again.

Steve
PM me. I bought a set of Viking bags and also their quick-release bracket. They sent me the fixed brackets anyway. If I can locate them [and they work with your bags], I'd be happy to send you the bracket if you want to cover shipping.

The following 2 users liked this post by sailmotion:
Monteman1971 (05-23-2017), TinCupChalice (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:03 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Did the bags come from Vikings or an outside vender like Total Niches, whom sells Viking Bags on Amazon, when you ordered from Amazon. If the item description says "Ships from and sold by Viking Bags" then it would first be your responsibility to verify the description noted the items that you are missing were actually part of the purchase order. If it was then it would be their responsibility to make sure you got everything in that description order. But, something tells me that Viking isn't the vender that sold you the bags thru Amazon and it was an outside vender. If that is the case, then Viking is correct, you need to talk to the vender you purchased the bags from. Viking can't control what a vender sells on Amazon anymore then they can a vender at a bike rally. Viking most likely sold the items to the vender and the vender either short changed you on parts or forgot to send them. Either way, it's not Vikings responsibility to loss money because a vender screwed you. If you went to Best Buy and purchased a new TV that was missing a power cable, you would take the item back to Best Buy to resolve the issue and not call the TV manufacture asking for the power cable.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:06 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

That's why when you buy from a 3rd party it's reassuring to see "Authorized Dealer" in the description.

The following 2 users liked this post by MatteGlide15:
kngpn (05-23-2017), Monteman1971 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:47 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
PM me. I bought a set of Viking bags and also their quick-release bracket. They sent me the fixed brackets anyway. If I can locate them [and they work with your bags], I'd be happy to send you the bracket if you want to cover shipping.
Paying it forward. Good people doing good things

Old 05-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Paying it forward. Good people doing good things
thats the way the world should be.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:16 PM
Monteman1971
Road Captain

Thanks for the replies....and I understand that it's from a 3rd party vendor but no matter how you cut it the returned item (if it comes to that) is still going to end up back at Viking. The vendor is not going to take the loss, I'll return it to him and he'll return it to Viking. This was to cut out the middleman and in the end save Viking money.

I'm 100% confident in Amazon and the vendor (Total Niches) to make this right, I was only trying to save everyone time and money and you would think Viking would use a little common sense and realize that. Ultimately the bag missing parts is going to end up back at them no matter what.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Monteman1971
Thanks for the replies....and I understand that it's from a 3rd party vendor but no matter how you cut it the returned item (if it comes to that) is still going to end up back at Viking. The vendor is not going to take the loss, I'll return it to him and he'll return it to Viking. This was to cut out the middleman and in the end save Viking money.

I'm 100% confident in Amazon and the vendor (Total Niches) to make this right, I was only trying to save everyone time and money and you would think Viking would use a little common sense and realize that. Ultimately the bag missing parts is going to end up back at them no matter what.

viking bags and common sense should never be used in the same sentence unless it's for amusement purposes only.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:20 PM
Monteman1971
Road Captain

Sailmotion, thank you very much for the offer but it is a simple flat bracket that I can fabricate easily.

I was only hoping after spending good money that there would have been a faster way to correct my issue.

Quick Reply: Do not buy viking bag products