Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED FXDF Flooboards!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sandro__s@hotmail.com
how much did that cost you smog?
I got a full exhaust from Vtwinmania in Scotland for 180 uk pounds brackets everything included, and floorboard kit from Harley was about 500 us dollars, so basically everything cost me about 1000 dollars I would say.

The following users liked this post:
sandro__s@hotmail.com (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 12:07 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I was lucky with my finds. I got my exhaust new while at an expo for a whole $250 bucks and my boards from a member on here for $300 and my boards were the half moon style used on the Slim (I think look better) and not the D-shape ones.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:20 PM
sandro__s@hotmail.com
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate all the help guys. I really hope I dont have to resort to this but if I dont come to a conclusion soon, I am just going to accept it and save up some cash. I will continue on looking for now but may be back with some exhaust installation questions later!

If anyone else is reading this i am still looking for floorboard options without changing the exhaust!

Old 06-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

I appreciate all the help guys. I really hope I dont have to resort to this but if I dont come to a conclusion soon, I am just going to accept it and save up some cash. I will continue on looking for now but may be back with some exhaust installation questions later!

If anyone else is reading this i am still looking for floorboard options without changing the exhaust!
Take your time, and do not waste the cash on peg mounted boards, save your cash and do the real installation, you will not regret it after.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:05 PM
sandro__s@hotmail.com
Novice

Originally Posted by Smogbob
Take your time, and do not waste the cash on peg mounted boards, save your cash and do the real installation, you will not regret it after.

smog, can you please elaborate on that? I actually just got off the phone with another Harley dealer who has recommended this part.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/455...rd-conversions

with necessary adapters it and tax it comes to about $400. I was going to mull it over for a while because so far this seems like the best option. I have no experience with peg mount boards so I do not know the pros and cons. thanks!

Old 06-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

smog, can you please elaborate on that? I actually just got off the phone with another Harley dealer who has recommended this part.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/455...rd-conversions

with necessary adapters it and tax it comes to about $400. I was going to mull it over for a while because so far this seems like the best option. I have no experience with peg mount boards so I do not know the pros and cons. thanks!
I tried that with another set of Kuryakyn footboards, trust me it is not even close to the same feeling, I ended up putting them on the rear for my old lady.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:13 PM
sandro__s@hotmail.com
Novice

ok well I didnt even think of that. At least if i hate them I could move them back to the passenger. The worst thing for me is the feeling of my feet slipping off. Did you experience that with the mini boards? If i cant find some way to make real footboards work, I think I would rather spend the $400 over $1000 or more having to get new pipes and whatever other surprises come up.
Your help right now is huge by the way thanks again!

Old 06-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

The problem was not the feet slipping off, it just did not feel right, I could not get the feeling of sitting correctly, however with the Harley Footboards, I get the real feeling of having my feet nice and flat, and also get a feeling of having more control on my ride.

sandro__s@hotmail.com (06-22-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 04:24 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Get your headpipes and I will give you a set of lightly used mufflers if you arrange the shipping.

And Smogbob is right, go with the Harley kit and it is MUCH better arrangement than any of the other options.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:03 PM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

For it's worth...I have the mini floorboards on my FXDF, with forward controls . I have size 15 feet (don't laugh, try finding boots ) and am six foot tall....I can not use pegs they drive me crazy, . ... But personally I am very happy with the mini floorboards. They feel very secure and comfortable, easy to find and settle in. The full size boards do have a nice look to them I gotta say. For a FatBob, for me anyway, the Minis work out very nicely Here are some pics

Last edited by sparkalot; 06-21-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: SIC

Quick Reply: NEED FXDF Flooboards!